What's new

What do you think of iOS 6

Its no a hardware issue. Its just that they want to phase out the ipad 1 and get people to get their 3. But i heard that it might be something to do with the mic and wireless capabilities.

I read an article yesterday from CNET, talking about fragmentation on the iPhone. Basically 3GS and iPad 1st gen will not get any iOS 6 love. That's kind messed up, but I understand the reasoning, but why continue to market the device then?

The iPad 2 gets some up dates, but not Siri, and the same will the iPhone 4. http://cnet.co/LdAdQ7 There's the link, check it out. But what Apple is trying to tell is, unless you have a 4S, you need to upgrade. I have a 4S, but I'm upgrading anyways, only because of the LTE capability.

What do you all think about this?

Ah, I used to like Cnet articles, but lately they seem a little biased and their articles are more geared towards starting flame wars between OS fans.
Plus, I hate it when news sites will title an article drastically, or completely off topic with the subject. Just so you'll click on it. I know Cnet isn't the only site guilty of that, but I read less and less of their articles thanks to that..

Maybe they won't continue when iOS 6 is released?

The Archangel

Plus one.

Apple did the same thing with previous devices. Some people don't have to have the latest and greatest. They just want an iPhone at a decent price. So they go with the 3GS.
Why stop selling it, if it still currently works and makes them money?
Now, I agree it wouldn't be very nice of them if they sold it after iOS 6 debuts.

The changes are okay but for most part, they are about 2-3yrs too late. Google/Android can already do these things. If the iPhone 5 don't have LTE, BYE BYE APPLE.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using iPF.net

It all looks impressive but I wonder if it will all work in the UK, especially SIRI as at the moment it doesn't find restaurants businesses and the like :(

Siri works excellent in the uk trust me I'm running iOS 6 beta and it works on this

Sent from my  iPhone 4S using Tapatalk ☠

Dude don't even ask. It's awesome. Period. Take a look at the status bar here: how it changes color based on the navigation bar:

Attachments

• $image-2727523739.jpg
    $image-2727523739.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 263
Siri works excellent in the uk trust me I'm running iOS 6 beta and it works on this

Sent from my  iPhone 4S using Tapatalk ☠

even with business locations?

The changes are okay but for most part, they are about 2-3yrs too late. Google/Android can already do these things. If the iPhone 5 don't have LTE, BYE BYE APPLE.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using iPF.net

It is very likely that apple will add LTE on the next phone but even though apple does take its time to add features they are more concerned about getting right rather then showing off that they are the first to release a product or service and 9 times out of ten they do a better job of it, of course apple does make lots of mistakes but I would rather wait longer and have a better quality product.. Though I do love my android LG 3D phone.

I know what I said earlier in the post about excitement about IOS 6. But between then and now a lot has changed. And AT&T's LTE network is awesome!

GS3

When does iOS 6 come out?

Apple announced in the fall but no exact date was given

It shall be interesting to see if ATT gets away with charging extra to facetime over a 3G connection like they want to and if they do so will other carriers follow suite and start charging for facetime data? but its a good way for ATT to make a tone of cash, carriers must hate apple for all of these services such as imessage