What's new

What are you ditching for the Verizon iPhone4?

I just ditched my incredible today..4th incredible I was on all the same problems..love this iphone so far!

Went from the Original Droid to the iPhone. Aside from the restrictions of iTunes as opposed to the open environment of the Droid, I couldn't be happier. Call quality is amazing. No signal problems any worse than any other phone I've had and better than a lot.

Moving up from an Evn Touch. I have done the crawl from a plain flip phone to a feature phone to an iphone over the last 4 or so years. The iphone just blows me away even after about 2 weeks of use.

Hey all iPhone peeps...I just recently went from my BB Storm which was a good phone but for doing any Internet stuff or utilizing apps it stunk... BB really needs to work on the app and memory issues.
I was really debating on the whole Droid vs iPhone thing and aside from the few widgets I've seen on the Droids and the possibility of customizing the GUI of the Droid phones I have to say I am very happy with the iPhone 4. The build quality and feel has to go to the iPhone. All the Droids I looked at felt plastic and cheap. Response and smoothness on the touch screens has to also go to the iPhone. The resolution is a no brainer...iPhone takes that one by a nose and a cheek! Music...iPhone. Camera quality...iPhone. Accessories..iPhone.
I like the widgets on the Droids however, I really wouldn't be using a bunch and those widgets are really battery hogs. I just wish Apple would allow a good weather app/widget for the weather like the calendar app on the iPhone. I would like to just glance on the screen without having to open the app to see the current temp.
Now I will acclimate to the iPhone and since the wife's phone is up for a upgrade, I will either jump on the new iPhone 5 that will be coming out soon or just maybe, if the Thunderbolt is a much better Droid than I might go with it but as I see it now, the iPhone makes me smile!

Also would like to see the FaceTime app use 3 or 4g instead of just WiFi!

Last edited:
Ditched the Droid X. Loved the phone but has nothing on the iPhone 4. Battery life is way better on the iPhone, smooth operating and the display blows me away. No regrets switching.

I also ditched the x and android altogether to my wonderful iPhone 4! That's all I'll ever buy now.

I also ditch the droidx and got the Verizon iPhone had to pay full retail nut it was worth it .

Ditched an old flip phone as this was my first smartphone purchase. After alot of research and debate, I choose the iPhone over a Droid X (and other android phones) for the following reasons:

1. Build Quality of iPhone seemed much superior to any of the android phones, including the X.
2. Operating System seemed much more refined.
3. Although smaller, the screen was much easier to see - especially in direct sunlight. Also, the X was much too large to carry comfortably in my front pocket.
4. App availability and iTunes.

Two areas, however, gave me reason to debate

1. GPS App - The android app was much better than anything I've seen for the iPhone. Before trying one of the paid apps on the iPhone, I am trying to get used to MapQuest. It is usable, but much less user friendly than the android app.
2. Widgets -I really liked the clock and weather widget, but not enough to sway a phone purchase.

After approximately 2 weeks of use, including both a buisiness and personal trip, I believe I made a good choice. The iPhone has been simple to use and has worked flawlessly.

Gave my Galaxy S to my wife and used my sons upgrade for my iPhone. Was that mean??

Used to have a blackberry storm. I was able to upgrade the day before the iPhone came out but ended up waiting a week cause I didn't have the money to get it

An LG Dare - Had it for awhile but was waiting for the iPhone. Have been on Big Red for over 15 years and am ecstatic Apple finally is releasing the iPhone over here in the Red Zone.