What's new

What are you ditching for the Verizon iPhone4?

An LG Dare - Had it for awhile but was waiting for the iPhone. Have been on Big Red for over 15 years and am ecstatic Apple finally is releasing the iPhone over here in the Red Zone.

The LG Dare! I loved that phone! :DI went from the Dare to the env-touch.. Then I tried out the Storm-2..then the Droid-2 (Sucked) swapped it our for a Droid-X I liked this phone allot!! Ended up up selling it on eBay for $335.00!!

I have been with Verizon for 16+ years also.. And when i found out the iphone was on its way I had to try it... And I have not been disappointed! itunes is kind of a pain but everyone tells me I will like it after awhile?

Have fun with it! It's one of the best phones I have ever used!

itunes is kind of a pain but everyone tells me I will like it after awhile?

Have fun with it! It's one of the best phones I have ever used!

I hated itunes the first time I used it but have gotten used to it and it's a breeze and very simple to use now.

Ditching my LG Fathom (Windows Mobile). I was late to the Windows Mobile party and can't wait fro my iPhone to be delivered.

Getting rid of the samsung fascinate.... Super excited! I personally think that phone ruined the droid experience for me!!

I ditched my BBerry and bought an Iphone 4 last Tuesday. I have been waiting for an Iphone for years, and now that I finally have one, I'm disappointed. I drop calls constantly, my friends can't hear me, and my Bose bluetooth won't connect 50% of time. The calendar is horrible, and the battery only last's a few hours before needing a charge. Still have a couple of days to play with the Iphone before I have to make a decision either way. If the problems persist, think I'm going to try a Droid X.

Well, I've changed my my mind. I jailbroke my IPhone, bought an Energizer extended battery Case & I couldn't be happier. No more battery issues & i have so many more options available to me since I jail-broke it. I HIGHLY recommend you all try it out. Worst case scenario, if you don't like the jail broken phone, just wipe out the phone and return it to factory. Good luck

I changed from a DroidX that was rooted, rom'ed, themed, deodexed, overclocked, and under voltaged. I had to do all of that just to make the phone useable. I am not sure about the IPhone yet, I am still trying to figure it out, but so far, so good.

Ditched the Storm I, Storm II, Droid incredible, Droid X and HTC EVO!!!! THANK GOD!

I dropped a Droid Incredible a few weeks back and love the iPhone 4 on Verizon.

Battery seems to last forever in comparison.

I DO NOT have the iPhone 4 (as of yet). Verizon told me they would swap out my Samsung Fascinate for the iPhone since it no longer will sync with my Mac.

I really am enjoying the Fascinate, the screen size is large and it is very fast, but the fact that it no longer syncs with my computer is unheard of. And yes, it DID sync initially. But after a software update the Mac drivers no longer are operational. Funny thing is, the techs at Verizon aren't quite with this yet; but Samsung is quick to admit the error.

So yesterday while at my local Verizon shop tech support puts me on the phone with Verizon and the tech on the phone offers me a comparable phone (iPhone4). He just needs to get approval of the supervisor. That was about 24 hours ago and I still haven't heard from him. LOL

Time will tell.

If only I had a Mac. Then my Fascinate would be broken and I could get an iPhone. lol

I dropped the lg env touch. Which was the biggest piece of crap! The touch screen constantly froze. Verizon replaced it three times, but I had the same problem with all my replacements. I got the iPhone 4 last week and couldn't be happier! iOS is so polished and responsive! Plus the screen is amazingly crisp! I like the app stores selection. Mapquest is a great nav app
that is free! Dragon dictations voice to text works great for SMS or emails. I went ahead and got the otterbox defender case which adds a decent bit of bulk but I have big hands so it actually feels great. I would recommend it to anyone who works outdoors, or is just plain rough on phones. I'm not an apple fanboy I just wanted to write this for anyone that's out in the market thinking about purchasing an iPhone 4! Which I would highly recommend!

Last edited:
I am dropping my samsung fascinate. I have had OG droid, Droid X, incredible and at last the Fascinate. I had the IPhone 3gs with ATT for a while and I HATED it!!! IT was slow and I Hated Itunes as well. Since coming back to verizon I had the X, Inc, Fascinate and just love the Android OS all together. However after picking up the IPhone 4 with a good network, I abloultely love this phone. Sure there are things that drive me mad and that I miss with Android, but this phone is SMOOTH!!! I also do not see why someone would complain about battery after coming from Android cause All the phones I have had with them are horrible compared to the IPhone 4. I can use this thing heavily and still make it a day, but I cant make it a quarter of a day with any Android phone. Just my 2 cents.

Went from a bb storm2 to this and it's a big upgrade. Love bb battery life and this is pretty comparable with much more usage it's pretty amazing to me. Heavy web and rhapsody user and the experience with the mobile browser and rhapsody app is ridiculously better than the storm2. My 3G is also much more responsive and speeds are also better so I'm completely satisfied hope vzn gets a lte iphone soon

I had the original iPhone back in 2007 when it was unsubsidized and only on AT&T. When Android came out I was the first person to have the G1 in my area. Android has a lot of potential and I am a phone junky so since then I have hopped from phone to phone and from carrier to carrier in search of the "one".

I am back on VZW now and I got the iPhone 4 for a change. I am within my exchange period so I had a HTC thunderbolt delivered Friday because I miss the bigger screen. I boxed my iPhone up and was ready to send it out tomorrow (Monday).

After discovering that the Thunderbolt cannot last for 6 hours even with LTE turned off and little to no usage I am sending it back instead of my iPhone 4! Actually I was getting about 4 hours even after bump charging!

In my opinion iOS does need a revamp (Come on iOS 5!!) maybe a little WebOS influence would be nice! That being said, The battery life, call quality, OS stability, and build quality ARE AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!

This coming from a die hard Android / anti-Apple person! It is what it is and you have to be an idiot not to see where the iPhone 4 excels and also where the iOS falls short. The pro's do out weigh the cons in the latest incarnation of the iPhone.

In conclusion my girlfriend who could never understand my obsession or need for a smart-phone dragged me to the Verizon store yesterday and upgraded to an iPhone after eyeing mine for a few days.