What's new

Well this is disappointing as hell

mattr

Reaction score
I bought two new iphones for me and my wife and i plug them into my computer to get them set up, and oh look a new update sweet. Sure apple, I would love to upgrade to 5.1.1, oh nevermind, jokes on you matt. Error 1602, nothing is working that I try, I've tried doing all those dumb articles apple puts on their support page, and I even called them, to find out, and what do they do? tell me step by step how to (reading from the articles ive already read and tried) fix it. Then their senior advisors tells me that It is probably not working because it could of been previously jailbroke. So here I am, asking people who probably know best how to fix it.. My phone is stuck on the usb to itunes screen. The computer recognizes it, downloads the drivers everything, but it wont come on itunes. it gave me error 1602, I have norton internet security, I diasbled the firewall and still nothing, opened the ports, nothing, anything I may have missed or something? It seems alot of people had this problem.

So were the phones new in the box? Or new to you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NIB, that should be covered under warranty. Take them back to the seller, or an Apple Store. There is no reason to fool with the phones if they are DOA and brand new.

is the apple store gonna charge me anything?

is the apple store gonna charge me anything?

No if they are under warranty its free to replace and of they are NEW you have 90 days for Free tech support from apple.

So if they NEW bring them back, even though you could try getting into DFU mode and then when hooked up to itunes you hit restore Setup as New Device and it should restore them properly.

I think for whatever reason you may of had a corrupt downloaded file or corrupted install many factors come into play could be cable issue, could be internet corrupted file on download, could be file transfering go corrupted.

Anyway try what i said first and if that not work then take them back to apple store or the place you bought them from.

Chances of having Two Brand New phones doing this is so rare, i don't think its a phone issue at all.

I checked the serials with Apples website, one of them is out of the 90 day window, but the one year ends in December, and the other one is still in the 90 day window, I set up an appointment with the Apple store in Nashville, so hopefully they can figure it out. Nothing I've tried has worked, itunes will not recognize it at all, but my computer installs all the drivers for it. No matter what button combo I do on the iphone, it doesnt work. I told the guy I bought them from of the issue, he assures e they have never been jailbroken or used, so if worse comes to worse if the Apple store doesn't do anything for me I will take them back to him. Luckily it was with ebay and I have copies of the listing saying they are brand new and all that good stuff.

So basically one was bought last december and the other around march this year.

This tells me that the guy you bought them from i betting used the phones and probably were jailbroke and he may have updated them to 5.0 ios and sold em off as new.

I can't say for 100% if he done so.

Just bring them into apple and see of they can restore them and if not they are under warranty.

Just a word of advice do say anything about if or whatever about jailbroken to apple as jailbreak will void warranty.

Just go with the flow and tell them you can't seem to update to new ios 5.1.1 as you get an error.

Well all is good. Something wrong with my puter I guess. They plugged it into their computers and it started working right away. Came home, plugs into mine like it should. The guy was/is selling a lot of them, I was talking with him the whole time and he was even offering to send me other ones if it didnt pan through.

Glad all worked out, so you went to apple store?

Maybe driver issue on your PC who knows.

I sent u a private message too.