What's new

Iphone 4s from 5.0.1 to 5.1.1 problem

MissFox

Reaction score
Hello.

I don't know if this is the right place for my question, so sorry if it's not. ( New member :D )

Well, my problem is this ..

I had Iphone 4s on 5.01 and today i wanted to put 5.1.1 software, but i can't. I got errors constantly. Error 3194 and 1602. I've tried some steps to fix it but nothing successful.

Can somebody please help me or give me some advices how to put software 5.1.1 on my phone cause i need my phone asap :(

Thanks.

MissFox said:
Hello.

I don't know if this is the right place for my question, so sorry if it's not. ( New member :D )

Well, my problem is this ..

I had Iphone 4s on 5.01 and today i wanted to put 5.1.1 software, but i can't. I got errors constantly. Error 3194 and 1602. I've tried some steps to fix it but nothing successful.

Can somebody please help me or give me some advices how to put software 5.1.1 on my phone cause i need my phone asap :(

Thanks.

Do you have the blobs for iOS 5.1.1? Without blobs you can't upgrade to iOS 5.1.1.

Are you jailbroken?

scifan57, iPhone Forums Moderator

Thanks for answering.

I'm not quite sure do i have blobs ( yeah , i know , a beginner and a female :p ). I bought an Iphone 4S ( used) and it had 5.1.1 (9B206) version and i wanted to restore again and set as a new iphone so i dont have the stuff from previous owner. But i cannot install it and i need your help. Yes, it's been jailbroken.

I just wanna put again 5.1.1 and set as new iphone, without all this old things from previous owner, and everytime i put restore to 5.1.1, it says error 3194.

I've tried with host and all but still not able to restore.

I just wanna put again 5.1.1 and set as new iphone, without all this old things from previous owner, and everytime i put restore to 5.1.1, it says error 3194.

Sounds like you're trying to restore to a stock iOS 5.1.1 IPSW. That's not possible since 5.1.1 is no longer being signed by Apple. Open Cydia, atop the home page there will be iOS' listed. Is 5.1.1 there?

I just want to Shift-Restore it with the same firmware 5.1.1 for 4S, but as i've said an error 3194 won't let me :/

You cannot use iTunes to restore using a clean iOS 5.1.1 IPSW, which is what you're doing and getting errors for.

First download RedSn0w 0.9.15 beta 3 in the link below

Mac: https://sites.google.com/a/iphone-dev.com/files/home/redsn0w_mac_0.9.15b3.zip?attredirects=0&d=1
Windows: https://sites.google.com/a/iphone-dev.com/files/home/redsn0w_win_0.9.15b3.zip?attredirects=0&d=1

Run it as an administrator (Windows). Plug your device in, go to Extras > Even More > Restore. Then Select IPSW and point it to the iOS 5.1.1 IPSW that you've been trying to get iTunes to restore from. Then for blobs, select Remote. This will retrieve the SHSH blobs needed to perform the restore, and it'll retrieve them from Cydia's server, which is listed on the top of the Cydia main screen when you run it on your iPhone. Then click next. Then you'll have a few prompts that'll show up, saying your baseband will be upgraded and your device will be wiped in the process. Say yes you're aware and such and such, then when prompted to, put your device into DFU mode and the restore will begin.

1. It won't let me select ipsw, keep saying that "This ipsw is not supported by this version of redsn0w".

I've tried on 0.9.153b, and 0.9.152b

Last edited:
This sounds as if you have the original, factory installed vsion of iOS 5.1.1. If that is the case (and I know you can't check - unless you can ask the previous owner), then you can't re-restore iOS 5.1.1 that has factory installed iOS (or been upgraded over-the-air). Sorry.

Marilyn