What's new

Iphone 4 Stuck and looping

no iDEA

Reaction score
ok to start - if its not plugged in i get nothing it wont turn on or anything, when connected i get apple logo, but it flashes on and off, when i do the power and home button reset it comes up with logo then comes up with logo and usb pic- nothing happens, tried using redsnow recover fix but says no data fetched, thought id restore factory settings but it keeps disconnecting from itunes or itunes will say it cant restore, giving error 21 or error 1604, firewall is diasbled, dont know what to do, help!!

Create a custom ipsw with snow breeze or pwnage tool corresponding with the iOS you want to restore to. And restore in dfu mode, and If that doesn't work then try pwned dfu mode.

i created a custome ipsw ( suprised myself) it said it was succesull but then came up with an error 2005 when trying to restore on itunes, the phone itself seemed to do nothin during the hole process

no iDEA said:
i created a custome ipsw ( suprised myself) it said it was succesull but then came up with an error 2005 when trying to restore on itunes, the phone itself seemed to do nothin during the hole process

You MUST enter PWNED DFU mode with iREB before restoring to any custom iPSW.

You cannot just open iTunes and shift+restore to the iPSW.

You absolutely have to enter DFU mode and run iREB *before* restoring.

iREB is located within Sn0wbreeze.

didnt know that, ( never done anythign like this before ) will try now.

tried and failed same error message. im sure im doing something wrong, not sure what pwned mode is or when its in dfu, i get the flashing apple screen, the itunes logo with usb or it is black, so assume its off, but if i plugg it in to the PC it start flashing again so cant be fully off. really stuck here.

now my pc cannot install drivers for the iphone!!!

no iDEA said:
now my pc cannot install drivers for the iphone!!!

You mean, like when your device is in DFU mode, and the drivers start to install...that they do not finish successfully?

Help same problem my phone vibrated non stop until it died then it wont boot unless its connected to wall power source even then its give me a restore needed message cant access anything when its connected to itunes got almost every error code and i used ireb it got ferther along the restore but still failed this time with error 11

myiphonesbroke said:
Help same problem my phone vibrated non stop until it died then it wont boot unless its connected to wall power source even then its give me a restore needed message cant access anything when its connected to itunes got almost every error code and i used ireb it got ferther along the restore but still failed this time with error 11

Try using tiny umbrella to exit recovery, or if that doesn't work try fix recovery after you put your iPhone in dfu mode.

My friedn used is batter in the phone and it worked fine, so looks like a battery fault, buying new one for £11. hope this helps others