What's new

weird problem ever regarding Apple ID and App store ...

tomcat383

Reaction score
Hi ,

I got 2 iPhones 4 in my home.
The problem is as followed :
  • First Iphone have apple id 1@1 (Just for the example).
  • Second Iphone have apple id 2@2 (Just for the example).
  • At iphone number 1 at Settings -> Store the Apple ID is 1@1
  • When i am trying to Update an application that is already installed from App Store i am getting a pop up that request an Apple ID password for 2@2 from some reason. :-(
Even if i sigh out from the settings menu , i will get a password request from 2@2 ..

​ Weird....

Can some assist me with this issue ?

Thanks.
Tomcat383

Hi ,

I got 2 iPhones 4 in my home.
The problem is as followed :
  • First Iphone have apple id 1@1 (Just for the example).
  • Second Iphone have apple id 2@2 (Just for the example).
  • At iphone number 1 at Settings -> Store the Apple ID is 1@1
  • When i am trying to Update an application that is already installed from App Store i am getting a pop up that request an Apple ID password for 2@2 from some reason. :-(
Even if i sigh out from the settings menu , i will get a password request from 2@2 ..

​ Weird....

Can some assist me with this issue ?

Thanks.
Tomcat383

Have you set up both phones to the same user settings on iTunes?
I mean by this. You have iTunes and phone 1 plugged in. Then you plug phone 2 into the same iTunes account. If this is what you're doing then it'll log both phones to the same ID account. What you need to do is log into iTunes with phone 1 and see in the tabs at the top for account to find which account it is. Then sign out and plug phone 2 in and do the same. If its the account for phone 1 then sign out again and then sign in with your account for phone 2.

If its not that then we'll leave it there If it is that then let me know and we'll discuss further options.

iHolophyte