What's new

App Store not working!

Wexfordlady said:
Hey, haven't gotten to try the settings reset yet (don't have access to the phone at the moment) but will be sure to let you know if it works once I give it a try!

Ok. Hopefully it works out for you

Well I've tried the reset and that's worked for the purchases and most updates - thanks a lot for the help. Think the other apps must have been bought under the old apple ID. Hopefully all I'll need to do to update these is change my Apple ID back to the old one!

Wexfordlady said:
Well I've tried the reset and that's worked for the purchases and most updates - thanks a lot for the help. Think the other apps must have been bought under the old apple ID. Hopefully all I'll need to do to update these is change my Apple ID back to the old one!

Glad to see your problems resolved :)!

iPhone 4 16Gb 4.2.8 (jbme 3.0) Moderator @ iPhoneforum staff

Wexfordlady said:

Glad to see your problems resolved :)!

+1 glad you got it fixed...

Hello guys, I just want to know if it is normal that 3g wont work after a switch to dual mode? I'm doing that to eliminate unnecessary data consumption and faster battery consumption. When I am about to use the 3g I need to reset my phone by long pressing the lock key and reopen it again.

I am following this thread because I may have the same issue. Since I got my iPhone, I didn't need my Touch, so I gave it to my sister. I did a restore in iTunes thinking that's all I needed to do. But, when she signed on to download an app, it still had my ID and wanted my password.

Not that I don't mind giving her my password to use for a bit, but I'd rather she go ahead and get this all signed over to her. She does already have an iTunes account.

Here's the problem...she lives a few hours away and I probably won't see her soon. She is going to Italy on a trip next month and I gave the iPod to her as a gift with some apps installed to help her on her trip. (Currency exchange, translation, etc). I don't want her to risk losing all this if I can't get to the ipod to fix it before she leaves.

What do you guys recommend? The restore settings? If something happens and she has to clean it again, and can't log in...will I lose one of my allowed "appliances" to use for my own apple devices if I let her log into her computer with my ID?

xrayeyes said:
I am following this thread because I may have the same issue. Since I got my iPhone, I didn't need my Touch, so I gave it to my sister. I did a restore in iTunes thinking that's all I needed to do. But, when she signed on to download an app, it still had my ID and wanted my password.

Not that I don't mind giving her my password to use for a bit, but I'd rather she go ahead and get this all signed over to her. She does already have an iTunes account.

Here's the problem...she lives a few hours away and I probably won't see her soon. She is going to Italy on a trip next month and I gave the iPod to her as a gift with some apps installed to help her on her trip. (Currency exchange, translation, etc). I don't want her to risk losing all this if I can't get to the ipod to fix it before she leaves.

What do you guys recommend? The restore settings? If something happens and she has to clean it again, and can't log in...will I lose one of my allowed "appliances" to use for my own apple devices if I let her log into her computer with my ID?

The apps were purchased by you. That's why she needs your info. If you want her to quit having to use your apple id, she'll have to purchase the apps herself with her apple id.

Hmmm, so this also includes "free" apps? I didn't install any paid ones. I guess I should have her completely "clean" it and can give her the info on the apps I loaded.

I took a lot of time getting it set up for her, it'd be a bummer if she has to search and download all those apps again. :(

xrayeyes said:
Hmmm, so this also includes "free" apps? I didn't install any paid ones. I guess I should have her completely "clean" it and can give her the info on the apps I loaded.

I took a lot of time getting it set up for her, it'd be a bummer if she has to search and download all those apps again. :(

No if they were free then she can just put her info in when it's time to update. it'll say buy this app, but if it was free in the apple store it won't charge anything. Then the apps will be in her name :D

The app that I have not been able to update because of the apple ID issue I was having is a free app. It still won't let me change to my new apple ID to update this.

Wexfordlady said:
The app that I have not been able to update because of the apple ID issue I was having is a free app. It still won't let me change to my new apple ID to update this.

Did you try signing out of your apple Id so you can have a completely clear sign in field when you update.

I signed out completely but still when I try to update the app it shows the old ID and asks for the password rather than asking me to sign in fully where I can put the new ID.

Wexfordlady said:
I signed out completely but still when I try to update the app it shows the old ID and asks for the password rather than asking me to sign in fully where I can put the new ID.

And you already reset your settings correct?

Wexfordlady said:

If you're having issues with one app why not delete it and reinstall it.

Don't want to delete and reinstall it cause it's a game my kids play (Tiny Zoo). They've put a lot of work into building it up and don't want to loose that!