What's new

App Store not working!

Omarsafadi

Reaction score
my app store have not been working for some time.. it can load normally over wifi ( home and college ) i can browse search the apps but when i press install it quits the app showing the new installed app but it's white and labeled waiting...
it just remains like that forever..
i've tried:
1) changing my apple ID from hotmail to gmail
2) rebooting a couple of times
4) resprining also
5) signing out and in from apple ID in setting

NOTE: when the app is stuck on waiting i cannot sign IN to my apple ID from setting>Store after i sign out.. it just keeps on loading.

this is very weird... any help?

my app store have not been working for some time.. it can load normally over wifi ( home and college ) i can browse search the apps but when i press install it quits the app showing the new installed app but it's white and labeled waiting...
it just remains like that forever..
i've tried:
1) changing my apple ID from hotmail to gmail
2) rebooting a couple of times
4) resprining also
5) signing out and in from apple ID in setting

NOTE: when the app is stuck on waiting i cannot sign IN to my apple ID from setting>Store after i sign out.. it just keeps on loading.

this is very weird... any help?

how are you rebooting? and how long have you had the phone?

i'm rebooting using sbSettings... i've had the phone for over a month now i guess

Omarsafadi said:
i'm rebooting using sbSettings... i've had the phone for over a month now i guess

Trying holding the home button and the sleep/wake button until you see the silver apple logo

resetting while holding the buttons.. i used to reset using sbSetting toggles which i find it easier.

Omarsafadi said:
resetting while holding the buttons.. i used to reset using sbSetting toggles which i find it easier.

Oh. Yeah the button method is the best. The sbsettings method only resigns system changes.

Does resetting the phone using the buttons cause any data to be lost?
I'm having problems with my apple ID in the app store - when I'm in both settings>store and the store itself (along bottom) it is showing the correct ID. However, when I try to make a purchase and it's requesting the password, a different apple ID is showing and I can't find a way of changing it. I've tried logging out through settings and then logging back in but that hasn't worked.
I'm wondering now if this resetting might work but don't want to loose anything!

Wexfordlady said:
Does resetting the phone using the buttons cause any data to be lost?
I'm having problems with my apple ID in the app store - when I'm in both settings>store and the store itself (along bottom) it is showing the correct ID. However, when I try to make a purchase and it's requesting the password, a different apple ID is showing and I can't find a way of changing it. I've tried logging out through settings and then logging back in but that hasn't worked.
I'm wondering now if this resetting might work but don't want to loose anything!

The hard reset won't make you lose any data.

iPhone 4 16Gb 4.2.8 (jbme 3.0)

battle said:
selling app ID which has 10$~100$ balance, just need 50% discount.

contact msn :zhouwarren1982 hotmail.com

Please don't advertise this.

Ok, I tried the hard reset but that hasn't worked. Any suggestions for what else I can try (logged into App Store using my correct ID but when I try to make a purchase and am asked for my password, a different ID shows and I don't know how to change this)

Wexfordlady said:
Ok, I tried the hard reset but that hasn't worked. Any suggestions for what else I can try (logged into App Store using my correct ID but when I try to make a purchase and am asked for my password, a different ID shows and I don't know how to change this)

Try logging out of your apple Id all together then try your purchase. You should have a pop up that'll ask for your apple Id and password.

I've tried that but still no luck! It seems like there are two IDs logged in somehow. In the settings I can log out of and back into one (the correct one) but for some reason when trying to purchase it's only showing the other!

Wexfordlady said:
I've tried that but still no luck! It seems like there are two IDs logged in somehow. In the settings I can log out of and back into one (the correct one) but for some reason when trying to purchase it's only showing the other!

You might just have to back up your phone and do a restore. I can't find any articles relating to your problem. Your trying to purchase not update right?