What's new

App Store not working!

Wexfordlady said:
I've tried to both purchase and update but the same thing happens

Well I know sometimes people try to update apps bought under different apple id's and this problem happens. The only way to fix that is to long into the old id or pay for the app again. I'm not sure why it's doing that to you with purchases. Did you buy the phone new or was it used?

iPhone 4 16Gb 4.2.8 (jbme 3.0)

darkstar2007 said:
Well I know sometimes people try to update apps bought under different apple id's and this problem happens. The only way to fix that is to long into the old id or pay for the app again. I'm not sure why it's doing that to you with purchases. Did you buy the phone new or was it used?

That issue seems like it was used. If not a restore is required

iCrank said:
That issue seems like it was used. If not a restore is required

That's what I was thinking. I've never heard of the purchased issue from a new phone.

No, it's a new phone bought just in January. Think I'll have to try the full reset option!

Wexfordlady said:
No, it's a new phone bought just in January. Think I'll have to try the full reset option!

That's probably the best option. Just back your device up first!

Wexfordlady said:

Hey before you do that try resetting your phone. Settings>General>reset>reset all settings. Let's hope this works for you first before you restore

iCrank said:
Hey before you do that try resetting your phone. Settings>General>reset>reset all settings. Let's hope this works for you first before you restore

Good call iCrank I didn't think of that!

darkstar2007 said:
Good call iCrank I didn't think of that!

Thanks. I remembered she didn't want to restore and quickly thought of this. I really hope it helps her bc I wouldn't want her to have to go through a restore.

iCrank said:
Thanks. I remembered she didn't want to restore and quickly thought of this. I really hope it helps her bc I wouldn't want her to have to go through a restore.

Yeah it's definitely inconvenient. Especially for such a small, but big problem.

darkstar2007 said:
Yeah it's definitely inconvenient. Especially for such a small, but big problem.

I wonder if she fixed the issue

Hey, haven't gotten to try the settings reset yet (don't have access to the phone at the moment) but will be sure to let you know if it works once I give it a try!