What's new

Verizon Iphone4 Esn Help!?

Lebrini95

Reaction score
So i bout a verizon iphone4 off of ebay. The seller said he found it but the service was already off, does that mean the esn is bad. The guy at verizon said if its bad but if i contact the orginal owner i can possibly get esn clean?

Yes contact the original owner, otherwise I don't see how u can get esn away from the phone.

So i bout a verizon iphone4 off of ebay. The seller said he found it but the service was already off, does that mean the esn is bad. The guy at verizon said if its bad but if i contact the orginal owner i can possibly get esn clean?

Have the guy send you the IMEI number, call verizon and ask them to check if the ESN is active. Too easy. If it is active, the owner has to either close the account, switch phones, or you have to wait until the billing cycle is over if the owner isn't using account anymore.

Last edited:
Seems pretty illicit and unjust for a fellow to find such a phone and not make an attempt to find its owner. The carrier certainly could ID the phone and know who it really belongs to. Too bad that you have gotten into this situation, but I'd bet that you will also be stuck with a purchase that you can't or shouldn't use.

Don't get me started!

Brian