What's new

iPhone 4 with possibly locked ESN

Z33Z00

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm trying to buy an iPhone 4 and I found a guy off CL who wants to sell it for $50. The screen is cracked and he also mention last minute that it has a bad ESN. If I buy it, what can I do to it to make it useable for phone calls and texts? Will jailbreaking it an unlocking help? It was on the Verizon network but I want to use it for my T Mobile account. Can I do it and how?

Hi guys, I'm trying to buy an iPhone 4 and I found a guy off CL who wants to sell it for $50. The screen is cracked and he also mention last minute that it has a bad ESN. If I buy it, what can I do to it to make it useable for phone calls and texts? Will jailbreaking it an unlocking help? It was on the Verizon network but I want to use it for my T Mobile account. Can I do it and how?
Just to skip over everything else... a Verizon iPhone cannot be used on T-Mobile. Verizon is a CDMA carrier while T-Mobile is a GSM carrier. The two are in no way compatible with each other.

If the ESN is bad you cannot activate the phone on the Verizon network. I say stay away from BAD ESNs. the only way to fix the ESN is for the person who made it bad, fix their account and clear it up. If the phone was reported stolen or lost, then there's nothing anyone can do with it other than use it as an iPod.