What's new

Upgrade to 4.1 or not?

they already found an exploit, GG

You are correct

Taken From iOS 4.1 jailbreak exploit found just hours after release

As we reported yesterday evening, iOS 4.1 was released with a number of new features, along with security and bug fixes.
But within hours of it going live, hackers had managed to find a method which can be used to jailbreak devices running the latest version of Apple’s operating system.
The Register reports that pod2g, a member of the iPhone Dev-Team, has uncovered an exploit in the boot Rom of iOS devices. Because this is such a low-level hole in the system, it won’t be a case of Apple being able to simply patch it up, either.
Apple will have to make hardware changes and tweak the boot Roms on its iGadgets to successfully close up this particular exploit.
Having said that, there’s still a considerable amount of work to do before a functioning jailbreak is ready to roll, by all accounts. But we’re betting it won’t be too long, and the problem this time round will be much more of a headache for Apple than the previous jailbreak.
Although there could be a potentially very simple solution. Just let people run what they want on their iPhones (like that’s going to happen)

i'm still rather confused. since the jailbreak for 4.1 is coming out soon, should users with 4.0.2 (like me) just upgrade to a 4.1 first since there wouldnt be a jb for 4.0.2? and also it seems more logical to wait fot the 4.1 jb instead of downgrading to 4.0.1, right guys?

i'm still rather confused. since the jailbreak for 4.1 is coming out soon, should users with 4.0.2 (like me) just upgrade to a 4.1 first since there wouldnt be a jb for 4.0.2? and also it seems more logical to wait fot the 4.1 jb instead of downgrading to 4.0.1, right guys?

Yes, if your already locked out of the jailbreak you might as well upgrade..

so then do upgrade? I was under the impression I shouldn't if I'm already locked out. Besides what about that baseband update thing?

Look if your on 4.0.2 then you might as well upgrade to 4.1, there's no point what-so-ever of staying on 4.0.2

If your on 4.0.1 and you have jailbroken your phone then it's up to you, either upgrade now (and lose your jailbreak) or wait until 4.1 is jailbroke and then upgrade to that, then jailbreak again.

Simples

is it possible to upgrade to 4.1 from with an iphone on 4.0.1 that is jailbreak and KEEP the JB? I read sth. about keeping basebands (or sth. like that) while upgrading, does anybody know?

is it possible to upgrade to 4.1 from with an iphone on 4.0.1 that is jailbreak and KEEP the JB? I read sth. about keeping basebands (or sth. like that) while upgrading, does anybody know?

dont do it. just wait for the 4.1 jailbreak.

yeah just sit tight the jailbreak shoulndt take too long to be released