What's new

upgrade from 5.1 to 5.1.1

Indeed
I didnt even have to create this thread
I found more details that i needed.

I'm doing the backup, I have a customized ipsw, My shsh are saved (5.1.1 the one i need), have the last version of itunes (Just in case), ready to Hold the Shift while hitting the restore button :).

Take care all.

Oooooh I just found found out i missed something, one very important thing, When i go to extras -> SHSH blobs -> Stich -> I choose my IPSW and it works But when i hit Local to choose my saved SHSH, when i pick the 5.1.1 it says The blobs could not be verified. Why is that? could it be a old redsn0w version (0910b6)? Sorry I thought i had it all figured out. I'll keep searching and give u my feedback.

It is Working now, I downloaded the latest version (0.9.15b2)
Thanks for ur assistance Thomas. ;)

When doing the restore, the itunes tells me it cant be restored, cuz either my iphone couldnt connect with the update server or the server is down temporally. I am missing something or it is normal? cuz once i read that i can redirect the update to a cydia server via the hosts file.

The Latest Version of redsnow has the option of restore, but im stuck now, it gave me an "unexpected error 2601" :(

Is any of you guys have any idea of why i get 'unexpected error 2601'?
Im using the latest RedSnow, when Going to even More -> Restore -> and pass all the parameters, after the kernel, creating filesystem ... it gives me that error.

I cant turn on my iphone now.

Before and after the error i was using the Itunes with a customized ipsw , but it wasnt/isnt working, it says "IPhone cannot be restored at this time because the iphone software update server could not be contacted or is temporarily unavailable"

Any ideas.

Last edited:
Is any of you guys have any idea of why i get 'unexpected error 2601'?
Im using the latest RedSnow, when Going to even More -> Restore -> and pass all the parameters, after the kernel, creating filesystem ... it gives me that error.

I cant turn on my iphone now.

Before and after the error i was using the Itunes with a customized ipsw , but it wasnt/isnt working, it says "IPhone cannot be restored at this time because the iphone software update server could not be contacted or is temporarily unavailable"

Any ideas.

Does iTunes see your iPhone..?
What did you use to build custom firmware..?
Have tried holding home+power until apple logo appears..?

Does iTunes see your iPhone..?
What did you use to build custom firmware..?
Have tried holding home+power until apple logo appears..?

1) Yes Itunes it does see it, but it is asking for a restore
2) I used redsnow 0.9.15b2, went to Extras -> SHSH Blobs -> Stitch -> and passed the 5.1.1 iOS i downloaded and the right SHSH I saved locally with TinyUmbrella (5.1.1), it worked and created a new file, i used it with itunes and gives me the "IPhone cannot be restored ..." error.
3) Yes it does appear to me, but i do try the restore in DFU Mode, should i do it in the Recovery mode?

Have tried using redsn0w 0.9.15b2 to do the restore...?

[url]http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/hacking-tutorials-guides-68/tutorial-re-restore-ios-5-x-iphone4s-using-redsn0w-shsh-blobs-48041/

I[/URL] have used this method on my iPhone 4 to upgrade from 5.1.1 to 6.0.....then downgrade from 6.0 to 5.1.1 .....then restore 5.1.1 to 5.1.1...

just testing this version of redsn0w... All this accomplished with NO errors working first time...I think this program is robust enough to take from 5.1 to 5.1.1....???

Yes I used the Redsnow and it is giving me the 'Unexpected error 2601'
Ill Read the tutorial u gave me and will try it again.

Thanks for ur quick replies Bula.

Aaaaaah when fetching the current baseband its tells me there is no connection or something, Well right now i'm using the network of a company Im passing my trainings in, and they have proxies, it might be the reason. I'll try it once home.

I've used that method to get onto the springboard but its only temporary. My problem right now whenever I try to jailbreak the phone (with redsn0w 9.10b2 I believe) it always give an error slide to power off and try again. This has happened multiple times. Help!?!???!
By the way thank you for the quick replies appreciate it.

Thanks a lot guys for your support, everything is working now, i'm on 5.1.1 now :D
As i suspected, it was a problem in the proxies, they were stopping the restore process.