Can u please put me in the right path.

PS : My home button doesnt work most
the time, that is why i added that little
thing to do the job, this question is apart
but is there a fix to this bug if it can be
considered one?

Thanks in advance.
Black Lagoon.

Not possible to upgrade to 5.1.1 because the window is closed. The only way to get to 5.1.1 is to downgrade from iOS 6 using SHSH blobs but that requires you to have 5.1.1 blobs for your device already, which means you had to have been on iOS 5.1.1

Not possible to upgrade to 5.1.1 because the window is closed. The only way to get to 5.1.1 is to downgrade from iOS 6 using SHSH blobs but that requires you to have 5.1.1 blobs for your device already, which means you had to have been on iOS 5.1.1

Unless I am mistaken, the pictures shows at least two 5.1.1 SHSH blobs available. Does that help him with his request and your solution?

Picture didn't show on iPhone. Weird. But you can go on TinyUmbrella, plug your device in, and click save SHSH on the screen. It'll retrieve your SHSH blobs from Cydia for your 5.1.1 blobs. Use the 5.1.1 not the 5.1.1r1. Open up RedSn0w > Extras > Even More > Restore. Select the 5.1.1 IPSW for the iPhone 4, then select Local Blobs and point it to your 5.1.1 blobs. Wait for the magic to work.

Thanks a lot Willerz2 and Skull one
I have never been in 5.1.1 but I read somewhere that Cydia saves or guard and SHSH for me on it own, that is why I used the pic to be sure of what I am gonna do, I downloaded a 5.1.1 for my iPhone for and have the SHSH saved locally after getting them by tinyumbrella.

As soon as I'll try it I'll give u my feed back, thanks a loooot.
I hope the upgrade will solve my home button problems.

Black Lagoon.

Just one more questioN, will the restor via R3dsn0w jailbreak by default my iPhone or I'll Need to jailbreak it again?

Please get your facts right...You don't have to be on the firmware to save the SHSH blobs for it... The OP can be on 5.1 and still save his SHSH blobs for 5.1.1...as long as it was currently "Signed" by Apple. You don't have to downgrade from ios6.0 to get to 5.1.1...the OP can go from 5.1 to 5.1.1 as long as he/she has saved the SHSH blobs(Which has been saved going by picture)

Last edited:
Hey im on ios 5.1 as well because i downgraded from ios 6 but my phone is not activated. Is there a way i can upgrade to ios 6 without activating the phone?

There is an old method for iOS 5. Not sure if it still works but I've used it a while ago.

At the iPhone activation screen, you'll see iPhone and a slider. Slide and make an emergency call by pressing the home button. Dial an emergency number for your country and quickly hold the power button until the power off slider pops up. Click cancel. On the top, tap the "Touch to Return Call" green bar, hang up and you should be on your springboard. You'll need to jailbreak your iPhone at that point to fully bypass it.

Slide and make an emergency call by pressing the home button. Dial an emergency number for your country...
willerz2... is it illegal to make fraudulet "emergency" calls where you live? Regardless of your answer... please do not suggest that our members take actions to place emergency calls for the purpose of Jailbreaking, Unlocking, etc. Because... well... it's illegal!

willerz2... is it illegal to make fraudulet "emergency" calls where you live? Regardless of your answer... please do not suggest that our members take actions to place emergency calls for the purpose of Jailbreaking, Unlocking, etc. Because... well... it's illegal!

Sorry sorry *apologetic bow*.

Will I loose my Jailbreak if i do the restore via R3dSn0w? I know that if i do a restore with Itunes ill loose it, but what do u suggest, should i do the restore with Itunes by pressing the shift key and the Restore button on itunes in order to choose the the iOS then Jailbreak it or Do it with the R3dSnow? and if in both case i can assure a untethered jailbreak.

Thanks in advance.

Will I loose my Jailbreak if i do the restore via R3dSn0w? I know that if i do a restore with Itunes ill loose it, but what do u suggest, should i do the restore with Itunes by pressing the shift key and the Restore button on itunes in order to choose the the iOS then Jailbreak it or Do it with the R3dSnow? and if in both case i can assure a untethered jailbreak.
"redsn0w" isn't what you use for the restore. redsn0w creates the custom IPSW file that you use to "Shift-Restore" to via iTunes. To answer your question, yes... you'll lose your Jailbreak.

Thanks a lot Thomas, I guess willerz2 assumed i'll get it without too much details, I have been reading some threads and I have a very clear idea now, thanks a lot all for ur guidance, Bula too thank u very much, i read some of ur instructions too in other threads.

I'll do it now, I just hope the home button problem will be solved too, cuz i read it is common in some iphone, and it has a relation with the iOS sometimes.

Thank u guys.