What's new

Upgrading from 5.1 to 5.1.1

scrafis

Reaction score
Is there any way to upgrade my 4S from 5.1 to 5.1.1? I have tried searching around and have had no luck finding a solution. Thanks in advance for any help.

The only way to upgrade to iOS 5.1.1 with going all the way to iOS 6.0.1 is if you have your SHSH blobs saved for 5.1.1. You can use tiny umbrella to check if you have your SHSH blobs.

Since I have never upgraded this phone past 5.1 before I have no way of having saved SHSH blobs for 5.1.1. I'm guessing that means that there's no way at all? Thanks

Sometimes you iPhone or iPod touch will save the SHSH's for all the firmwares it can. Including ones you have not updated to. No harm in checking what you have.

I just checked and I have nothing, thanks for the help. Really sucks cause I'm overseas for the next 6 months and would have liked to use my iPhone here.

scrafis said:
I just checked and I have nothing, thanks for the help. Really sucks cause I'm overseas for the next 6 months and would have liked to use my iPhone here.

Try checking in redsn0w too. You can get your ecid from tiny umbrella.

Use TinyUmbrella to see if your blobs are saved. That would require that you've jailbroken your device previously and have tab Cydia at least once. For the 4S, you'll need to use the restore feature under Extras > Even more.