What's new

Update to 5.1

xboxmahoney

Reaction score
As anyone noticed horrible battery life on your 4S after updating to 5.1?

Thanks,

I cant say that i have noticed any difference.

No..I have not noticed any difference in my battery life after updating..

There has been zero consistency among battery life reports one way or the other after 5.1 - even after doing a full discharge/recharge cycle. 5.1 didn't address any battery issues at all. Smoke and mirrors, gang. Any difference people notice one way or the other is anecdotal and coincidence or a change in some other variable you're not telling us.

Apple simply made a phone in the 4S that's too much for the battery. And I've heard no convincing ubiquitous stories of people with iPhone 4 having any battery problems at all after ios5. That proves it's a 4S issue only and "unfixable" with a software update. Just wait til the iPhone 5. A brand new battery will be forthcoming. Apple just rushed the 4S to market. It is what it is. :-/

Last edited:
There has been zero consistency among battery life reports one way or the other after 5.1 - even after doing a full discharge/recharge cycle. 5.1 didn't address any battery issues at all. Smoke and mirrors, gang. Any difference people notice one way or the other is anecdotal and coincidence or a change in some other variable you're not telling us.

Apple simply made a phone in the 4S that's too much for the battery. And I've heard no convincing ubiquitous stories of people with iPhone 4 having any battery problems at all after ios5. That proves it's a 4S issue only and "unfixable" with a software update. Just wait til the iPhone 5. A brand new battery will be forthcoming. Apple just rushed the 4S to market. It is what it is. :-/

I agree, but im probably 10-15% worse right now, i just dont get it. the day i bought the 4s i had 5 1/2 then over 6 with tweaking my settings and whatnot on 5.0 and now i can very rarely break 5 hours even with just light usage

I agree, but im probably 10-15% worse right now, i just dont get it. the day i bought the 4s i had 5 1/2 then over 6 with tweaking my settings and whatnot on 5.0 and now i can very rarely break 5 hours even with just light usage
It's some other reason, RareBreed. I've heard just as many people report a 15% increase since 5.1. It's maddening I know - to be on the losing side of the equation. Check to see if in updating - the update turned back on some settings you had turned off to save battery. I've heard of that happening too. Especially the system stuff in Location Services. Make sure all of them are switched off but Traffic. Good luck. Only 7 months to iPhone 5!!!

Hah i know, i keep telling my girl we gotta use her update lol.. but im excited just to see what they bring to the table! Although frustrating, i still love the experience you get with this phone and its capabilities as pointed out before

5.1 battery life is better than 5.0.1 i am sure

Forum runner 🆒