What's new

Ios 5.1 - iphone 4s

aNz

Reaction score
Since day 1 had battery problems with my iPhone 4S!
Heard a new update will be coming out ios 5.1? Don't know when.

Is there anyone here using the beta version, getting any good results for battery performance?

iOS 5.1 may be out as early as tomorrow's press event. Or it may not be out for a little while longer. No one really knows, to be honest with you.

iOS 5.0.1 has been out publicly for a while. iOS 5.1.0 is currently in Beta 3. Apple released it on Jan 9th. I am fully expecting a 5.1 release within 72 hours of the announcement of the iPad 3.

As for "better" battery life on iOS 5.1.0 Beta 3....

Lets say it is more consistent. I am averaging about 7 hours 15 minutes of usage during a 24 hour discharge period. This is with EVERYTHING on. I can extend the time frame slightly if I force close all apps written by Zynga (yes they have really bad coding practices) after I am doing using them.

Most of the ideas floating around for "how to save battery life" are pretty much useless unless you adhere to a very strict regiment on how to use the phone. Which means you are wasting minutes of your life to save a few percentage of battery. Not really worth it in my opinion.

I agree with skull one. Most of the "tips" about saving battery life are very ridiculous. I had the same problem but I immidiately sold out my gadget at a much lower price and switched to a better one. This is what you can do right now to get more batterly life.

Mines just finished downloading........took quite a while but no problems.

Last edited:
Unleashed said:
I am on wifi and still cant download it as the download keeps cutting off..

Maybe too many people downloading at once? I can't download til tonight so hopefully it's going smooth by then

what phone are you running a 4 or 4s? if its a 4s whats your baseband?

ALERT!!

if you jailbreak your iPhone 3GS, 4 or 4S!

DO NOT UPDATE!!

You will lose your jailbreak and you will not be able to get it back.