What's new

UDID my Iphone 4S temporary??

Kerem21

Reaction score
Hello, i had a request for the devs that have some UDID slots available so that i can install ios 5.1 beta 2 and test something on it.

I live in the netherlands and got a Iphone 4S that i have received last tuesday from Vodafone NL after waiting 1,5 month on the phone it self to be delivered by vodafone because they had a shipping issue with Apple.

Any way my issue is that with 1 of the 10 outgoing calls on my brand new Iphone 4S there is no sound. Meaning that i cant hear the one iam calling and vice versa, but if i hang up and try it again it works.
Now i read on the Apple Forums that couple of users there had the same issue and after updating to IOS 5.1 Beta 2 there problems where solved. Iam guessing that they where Develepors.

So i just want to test if my problem will be solved with IOS 5.1 beta 2, so thats why i kindly wanted to request to the Devs here that have a UDID slot over if i can give one of them my UDID for testing purpose, afterwards the test they can remove it again. Other wise, i need to go to Vodafone and wait probably again (with christmas in between) a month or something.

Please one of the devs, help me out.

Hi ill get back to you when its ready for you to restore to 5.1, may take 48 hours max

Thanks

Darren

Ok Darren, i will wait for your message. I really appreciate this thanx.

installing beta firmwares is intended only for developers, and 9 times out of 10 they are so full of bugs that you will end up downgrading back to an official firmware, for the sake of these "cool" must have features that newer firmware brings is not worth it in the end if you do not intend to develop and use it on a device you do not use every day.

i would strongly advise against doing so.

Unleashed, its not for the cool features that iam testing it. I have a problem that i read on the apple forums was fixed by installing IOS 5.1 beta 2. So its just that i want to test if my problem will be solved with IOS 5.1 beta 2. Its not that iam going to use that firmware all the time. After iam done testing iam going back to public release FW IOS 5.0.1.

Unleashed, its not for the cool features that iam testing it. I have a problem that i read on the apple forums was fixed by installing IOS 5.1 beta 2. So its just that i want to test if my problem will be solved with IOS 5.1 beta 2. Its not that iam going to use that firmware all the time. After iam done testing iam going back to public release FW IOS 5.0.1.

5.1 is on beta 2 atm so it wont be long until its officially released,

I can understand wanting to upgrade to a beta firmware for those reasons, I myself have wandered about a newer firmware still in beta stages that has been said to fix issues. But unless used to develop apps its still worth staying away from them imo. I'm just saying it for your own good so you don't end up with 100 other problems while trying to fix one.

but unleashed, that "one" problem is the most important function of a telephone :) Outgoing calls no sound issue :) i get your point, and thanking you also for sharing your information, but i still going to give it a try :) :)

Hi ill get back to you when its ready for you to restore to 5.1, may take 48 hours max

Thanks

Darren

Darren,

it has been over 48 hours that i gave you my UDID :( still not activated???

Last edited:
guessing that i will need to look further to get my UDID activated....

Admins can close this thread if they want, i found some other dev that registered my UDID. And i can tell you guys that my problems are solved with the Beta. I restored back to final public release but i know now that i just need to wait a little bit longer for the public release of IOS 5.1

yeah iam also glad that my problem and i gues for much more iphone 4s users that have the same problem will be fixed with IOS 5.1 :)