What's new

iOS future releases

Yarrenbool

Reaction score

When iOS 5.0.1 was released there was immediately talk about version 5.1

Is there still going to be a 5.1?

If so, realistically what time frame are people looking at for its possible release?

What beta version is 5.1 currently at?

Can beta testers, without breaking their NDAs, give any recent publicly available details?

And looking further into the future, for someone who has only very recently moved from a Nokia N8 to an iPhone 4S, how likely will Apple make some future iOS 6 run on an iPhone 4S?

I don't know. But I hope iOS 5.1 has some battery fixes in it. 5.0.1 didnt do anything. I have a 4s and I've done all the tricks and battery saving tips there are. And still the battery drain is pretty horrible.

Its coming i believe its in the beta 3 stage im willing to bet we will see it by the end of the month.

They should use me as a beta tester. When in my tow truck, I can burn up a battery in a little over an hour.

Then can only release certain info. Not all, not none. It's highly selective and stupid.

I don't know. But I hope iOS 5.1 has some battery fixes in it. 5.0.1 didnt do anything. I have a 4s and I've done all the tricks and battery saving tips there are. And still the battery drain is pretty horrible.
. What kind of batt life you looking at ? I have an appt with genius bar upcoming and was prob gonna bother them with battery questions on top of sim errors