update from 4.0.2 to 4.1 ?

heneedhelp

Reaction score
ok guys so here is the thing ,
i got the phone with 4.0.2 ,
i didn't update it ,
got it from the sim card provider at my place ,
i want to update to 4.1 ,
but scared cuz i saw people who said that after update the phone didn't recognize the sim anymore ,and another guy was saying that the greenpoison probably won't work on him cuz his baseband updated or something ,i rly don't understand that stuff ,hope u guys can help me out ^^ .

didn't register the phone yet btw (is it important ?) .

Last edited:
Hi Guys, I'm in the same situation and have not updated my new iphone so it is still on 4.0.2

Can anyone confirm or not as the case may be...if we will be able to jailbreak our devices? If not, I see no point in holding off on the itunes update.

Thanks
John

Hi Guys, I'm in the same situation and have not updated my new iphone so it is still on 4.0.2

Can anyone confirm or not as the case may be...if we will be able to jailbreak our devices? If not, I see no point in holding off on the itunes update.

Thanks
John

If you are already past the 4.0.1 version you might as well upgrade to 4.1 because you will havetoo upgrade to jailbreak with Greenpoison.

Thanks
John

If you are already past the 4.0.1 version you might as well upgrade to 4.1 because you will havetoo upgrade to jailbreak with Greenpoison.
what about that baseband thing ??

what about that baseband thing ??

exactly..! what about it? If his baseband is 01.59.00 and his FW is 4.0.2 will it be possible for him to jailbreak and unlock the phone tomorrow?
(Im in the same situation)

So if we upgrade the phone to 4.1 and preserve the baseband (read something about it, using tinyumbrella... is this possible?)
we could jailbreak with greenpois0n and then unlock with ultrasn0w couldnt we?