What's new

Unlock Iphone Step by step

uzairrrr

Reaction score
Before we start into the tutorial to unlock iPhone 4 I want to start by explain what unlocking actually is. Unlocking is the removal of SIM restrictions on your iPhone so that you can use any carrier you want. This is what most people want to be able to do as it can save them a great deal of money on their monthly bills. It also means that you can continue to use the service provider that you are currently using. With that out of the way, let’s move on to this step by step Unlock iPhone 4 tutorial.
Ultrasn0w is a very popular application for unlocking iPhones and it has been updated so that you can now unlock iPhone 4. This is great news and it means that you can now use your iPhone with any carrier you choose. The latest version of ultrasn0w has the support for the carrier unlock for iPhone 4 with a baseband 01,59.00 as well as 3G and 3GS models on baseband 04.26.08, 05.11.07, 05.12.01 and 05.13.04.
The first thing that any iPhone 4 user is going to have to do is jailbreak their iPhone. There are a number of ways taht you can do this. Once you have jailbroken your iPhone you can follow the step by step tutorial below.

Step 1: The first step to unlock iPhone 4 is to launch the Cydia application on your iPhone. Once the application opens you will then need to hit the search button and type in ultrasn0w. When this has been found you should hit install so that ultrasn0w can be installed on your device.
ultrasn0w+unlock.jpg

If ultrasn0w doesn’t show up when you type it into the search button you will need to follow the remainder of the steps in this tutorial. If you were lucky enough for it to show up you are almost finished and all you have to do is turn off your iPhone, turn it back on and hey presto you have been able to unlock iPhone 4.

Step 2:
When Cydia has launched you need to hit the manage button and then select sources. You will then need to hit the edit button and then the add button.

ultrasn0w+unlock2.png

Step 3:
In the box that appears where you are asked to enter Cydia/APT URL you will need to type in http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com and then click the add source button. Cydia will then verify the URL that you have typed and then register the repository URL. When this has finished all you have to do is hit the return to Cydia to continue with the unlocking process.

ultrasn0w+unlock3.jpg
Step 4: You should now have the new URL registered so all you have to do is hit the done button. You will now be able to find the ultrasn0w application and this will automatically unlock iPhone 4. The next step in this process is to turn off your device.

Step 5: Turn back on your device and the ultrasn0w application will now begin the unlock iPhone 4 process. You will now be able to use your iPhone 4 with any carrier you choose.
complete instructions iphone unlock tips and tricks
How to Select an iPhone Unlock/Jailbreak
How to End Task or Force Quit an iPhone Application
How to Fix Push Notifications on 3.0 iPhone 2G
How to Capture iPhone 3GS iBEC and iBSS (Mac)
How to Capture iPhone 3GS iBEC and iBSS (Windows)
How to Put an iPhone Into DFU Mode
How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3G on OS 3.0.x by RedSn0w (Windows)
How to Organize Your iPhone Apps Using Movement
How to Show Battery Percentage on Your iPhone
How to Use Voice Control on Your iPhone
How to Record Video With iPhone
How to Copy and Paste on the iPhone
How to Create iPhone Voice Memos

Thanks a lot, these tutorials which we need (the beginners).
________
butt Cams

Last edited:
Hi, does anybody know if i can unlock iphone 4 on 4.0.2 firmware this way? Thanks

Hey cheers for the reply, I've checked out the postings and other websites. Can't wait till the new firmware.

I also have Iphone 4 with firmware 4.0.2, just a simple question, does any one think/know if the dev/GPosion will unlock our locked iphones with 4.0.2 any time frames?

I also have Iphone 4 with firmware 4.0.2, just a simple question, does any one think/know if the dev/GPosion will unlock our locked iphones with 4.0.2 any time frames?

They will be able to its just a matter of time!;):cool:

there one problem now the ultrasnow now is the 1.1.1 version so what can i do to unlock the phone since they have a new version