What's new

Unlock any jailbroken iPhone..... REGARDLESS OF BASEBAND!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello i have ios 5.0 n im using semitethered jailbreak wat happen if i reboot the phone , will unlock be lost sinnce the jailbreak will be lost after reboot , plz suggest me shud i update my phone or wat sud i do help me

May I ask if my Japan iPhone 4S on 5.1 firmware with Softbank network and not jailbreaked can it also be unlock using this method. Thank you in advance.

No, this method requires that you are jailbroken so you will have to wait until a 5.1 jailbreak is released.

if you iphone is lock to att...you will need a att sim card to start the first step with so you can get the IMSI, copy and past after you insert the sim carrier you want to used it for...and then connect it to itune.

If you are using ATT in the states they do unlocks now so its probably better to contact them and get an official unlock

if you iphone is lock to att...you will need a att sim card to start the first step with so you can get the IMSI, copy and past after you insert the sim carrier you want to used it for...and then connect it to itune.

No you don't, you do not need an official SIM whatsoever to use this method, you just need to know what carrier the phone is locked to.

Sorry wrong, I have unlocked Iphone from AT&T, you do the whole procedure with the SIM you intend to use. Only in SAM by carrier you have to put AT&T and to try several SIM IDs to get it working.

Regarding an official lock from AT&T, I gave it up because they are so stupid that the simple words can not describe it.

Last edited:
Help me guys how can i update my iphone ios 5.0 to ios 5.0.1

Jmills87 said:
If you don't have your 5.0.1 SHSH you can't

My firmware is 5.0 n i havent update yet , cant i update now i dnt have shsh since i hadnt update yet to 5.0.1

Does anyone have any information on the activation ticket? Is it the same before and after the unlock? or does the ticket change after you unlock it? And what does the ticket even do? will we be able to unlock our phones to any sim card after apple patches the servers?

Just wondering since I'm going overseas and by the time I get there to run the unlock since it only works on 1 sim card, apple will most likely patch this. I plugged in my iphone and saved the activation ticket just encase. I also went through the steps and unlocked it on a random simcard and then saved it again.

edit: seems like from what musclenerd has said, the activation tickets only work for the sim card that was created with it. I'm not sure why he's telling everyone to back these up since if you already unlocked your phone to your sim card, it's kind of pointless having these files. Only thing I can think of is if you were to completely format your phone then you can replace the activation tickets and have the unlock back again.

Last edited:
It's not pointless at all. Unlock tickets are essential, they are like SHSH blobs. They allow SAM to trick iTunes into activating an unofficial SIM card. When Apple closes the hole, you will need the saved unlock tickets for any SIM that you want to be able to use the unlock with if you ever restore or update the phone. This isn't a permanent unlock, you must perform this process any time the firmware is restored, because of that it is key that you save your unlock tickets, otherwise when Apple closes the hole you will be SOL.

It's not pointless at all. Unlock tickets are essential, they are like SHSH blobs. They allow SAM to trick iTunes into activating an unofficial SIM card. When Apple closes the hole, you will need the saved unlock tickets for any SIM that you want to be able to use the unlock with if you ever restore or update the phone. This isn't a permanent unlock, you must perform this process any time the firmware is restored, because of that it is key that you save your unlock tickets, otherwise when Apple closes the hole you will be SOL.

The unlock ticket is different for each sim card. If you use a different sim card, you will not be able to use the same unlock ticket. also afaik, an update in ios shouldn't overwrite the current unlock ticket in the phone (hence why you don't need to reactivate your phone each time you upgrade). The only time that would happen is if apple not only patches their servers but specifically launches an update to overwrite that area of the OS in order to re-lock phones. But I don't know why anyone would even update to a version like that, especially since they would lose their jailbreak. I'm not saying don't grab the ticket, by all means do, but it's not really as helpful as SHSH blobs for example.

Yes it is and yes you will lose the unlock when you restore. When you restore you lose the jailbreak and you lose SAM, and then when you reactivate, the unlock ticket is not there. And I'm aware that the unlock ticket is different for each SIM card, that's why I said "you will need the saved unlock tickets for any SIM that you want to be able to use."

I'm pretty sure MuscleNerd knows what he's talking about.

I already mentioned that the only usefulness of it was if you restored/formatted your phone in the first post.

I m in ios 5.0 n SAM is not working , so far i hav heard SAM wont work at 5.0 , any way to unlock my phone plz guys help me

Status
Not open for further replies.