What's new

Unlock any jailbroken iPhone..... REGARDLESS OF BASEBAND!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jmills87

Reaction score
This might be one of the biggest news stories of the year for the jailbreak community. A chinese hacker, Loktar_Sun has discovered a way to unlock ANY jailbroken iPhone no matter what baseband it is on using SAM. This method has been confirmed by MuscleNerd and has been confirmed working both on iPhone4 and iPhone4S and is expected to work on any iPhone.

UPDATE 4/26/12:

Well folks, funs over. Musclenerd has reported that Apple has begun closing the loophole. If you haven't already unlocked with this method, chances are it is too late.

UPDATE 4/25/12:

Sam updated the SAM pacakge(now 0.1.16-1). This new version makes the SAM unlock method easier than ever. You no longer need to use iTunes, you no longer need to worry about SIM IDs.

Step 1: Install SAM via Cydia. Repo address: http://repo.bingner.com (if you have an older version than 0.1.16-1 you MUST update or this won't work).

Step 2:
Insert your unofficial SIM card.

Step 3:
Open SAMprefs go to "Utilities" and de-activate your phone. Go back to the main screen, change method to "Auto Detect" and then go to Utilities and tap Attempt Activation.

Step 4:
Once the phone resprings, it should recognize your unofficial SIM card and give you signal. That's it!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OLD METHOD

REQUIREMENTS:
-Must be an iPhone3Gs, 4 or 4S on 5.0/5.0.1/5.1
-Must be jailbroken
-Must be in good standing(not blacklisted)
-Must be running latest version of iTunes
-Must insert SIM for carrier you wish to be unlocked on
-Must know what carrier your phone is locked to

I have not tested this myself since I do not require an unlock but seeing as how it was confirmed by MuscleNerd, I think you are safe.

1. Install Sam Bingner's SAM (Subscriber Artificial Module) package. I recommend that you get it from repo.bingner.com since older versions have a different interface and may not work for this purpose.

2. Enter SAM by either going through the settings menu or find the SAMPrefs icon on your springboard. You will need to have the SIM card you intend to use in your phone.

3. Go to utilities and select "De-Activate iPhone", your ActivationState under "More Information" should now be "Unactivated"

4. With SAM enabled, choose "By Country and Carrier" in "Method"; find your carrier, for some carriers operating more than one Carrier ID you may need to select "SIM ID"; easy to tell since iTunes will not activate if the wrong IMSI is selected. CHOOSE THE CARRIER YOUR PHONE IS LOCKED TO HERE(not the carrier you will be using).

5. Go to More Information", copy or write down the IMSI in "SAM Details", then tap "Spoof Real SIM to SAM".

6. Go back to the main SAM screen and change your "Method" to manual. Paste or enter the IMSI string we saved in Step 5.

7. Connect your iPhone to your computer and allow iTunes to do its job (namely re-activating your phone), double click "Phone Number" parameter at the main device screen and make sure that the ICCID matches that of your SIM card. If not you need to start over from Step 1.

8. Disconnect your phone and close iTunes and then open SAM and disable it if it is not already disabled.

9. Connect your phone to your computer again and reopen iTunes. You will most likely get an error along the lines of "the iPhone cannot be activated at this time, please try again later." This error message is normal. Just close iTunes and then reopen it and you should get signal within a few seconds.

Last edited:
Ive read on clarified that the iPhone has to be on a firmware 5.0,5.0.1 and 5.1.

Just thought id say !

I would also like to add that after the unlock to enable your Push notifications just click on ‘Clear Push‘ in SAM and your Notifiation issue will be resolved.

Also the unlock is only for the SIM card which you use during the Unlock proces. Once you change the SIM card the unlock will be lost. Its only active for that sim card with which you do the entire procedure. If you wish to use more than once sim card just repeat the process with another sim card also you need to manually save each unlock ticket generated or the sim card.

very good news for the un lockers out there who have been waiting for a long time to unlock their devices

Hi
Iphone 4 with5.01

I have tried to unlock with sam this phone is locked to orange spain and I am putting a vodaphone card in but when I plug into itunes to activate, I get the message "The sim card does not appear to be supported" I tried the 2 sim id nos

regards

Hi
Iphone 4 with5.01

I have tried to unlock with sam this phone is locked to orange spain and I am putting a vodaphone card in but when I plug into itunes to activate, I get the message "The sim card does not appear to be supported" I tried the 2 sim id nos

regards

Try using a different method such as auto-detect or by bundle name. You kinda gotta play around with different method configurations until you find one that works.

im getting this message everytime i connect to itunes.."The sim card does not appear to be supported".. i dont even know what is the official carrier for it was been purchased from ebay..any solution for this?

Unless you know the carrier it is locked to, there's nothing you can do. You can try different method combinations and try and guess what carrier it is tied to, but it will take you forever since there are literally hundreds of possible combinations.

Try using a different method such as auto-detect or by bundle name. You kinda gotta play around with different method configurations until you find one that works.

Many thanks that worked!! my ipod is now an i phone managed it under bundles

Many thanks that worked!! my ipod is now an i phone managed it under bundles

Great to hear! Thanks for reporting back. Ya my friend had an iPhone locked to ATT and I unlocked it for him this morning. When I tried the country/carrier method it did not work but when I changed it to Bundle Name and selected "ATT_US" it worked on the first try. It seems like each individual situation requires a different method. Many people have told me they have been successful using the "Auto Detect" method but I have not yet been able to get it to work like that.

Unless you know the carrier it is locked to, there's nothing you can do. You can try different method combinations and try and guess what carrier it is tied to, but it will take you forever since there are literally hundreds of possible combinations.

ive tried to google the imsi after activating sam and it looks like this iphone was lock in canadian carrier...so you mean is that ill give a shot on any of this canadian carrier? correct me if im wrong..what if i will try the auto detect method? would you think it will look for the imsi of the said carrier?
:retina:

You can try auto detect, but I haven't gotten it to work that way. Since you know it's from Canada, that narrows your options down a bit, but there are still 12 carriers to choose from and several SIM ID combinations. I would start with the more popular Canadian providers first(Bell and Rogers)

May I ask if my Japan iPhone 4S on 5.1 firmware with Softbank network and not jailbreaked can it also be unlock using this method. Thank you in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.