What's new

Undo Jailbreak help. Error 11

Simzter

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm trying to restore my iPhone 4S to latest software and undo my Jailbreak.

I attempted to do a normal restore via iTunes - I got error 3194.

I used Tiny Umbrella to counter this, however I now get error 11.

(I have tried update in DFU mode too)

I have downloaded official Firmware for what my phone is on atm and tried doing a restore using "shift" and selecting it - but still get error 11.

Info about my phone:

Version: 5.0.1 (9A406)
Model: MD235B
Modem: 1.0.14

I'm not sure if it's a Baseband issue, my knowledge on this is quite limited - I hate asking for help - but after reading up I've not found a solution :(

My friend did the jailbreak - so I have no saved info/backups.

I know people have trouble trying to go back to an earlier IOS - but I didn't realise it'd be so tricky to get back on the update train.

Any help massively appreciated.

EDIT
** Just booted in DFU (was previously with iTunes Logo and USB) - this now gives me an error 1601. **

Last edited:
Start up TinyUmbrella...in the advanced tab uncheck "Set host to Cydia on exit"....Close out of TinyUmbrella don't just minimise....
Use redsn0w to put your iPhone into PWNed DFU....close out...
Start iTunes and update to 5.1.1....
Use Absinthe 2.0.4 to jailbreak...

Start up TinyUmbrella...in the advanced tab uncheck "Set host to Cydia on exit"....Close out of TinyUmbrella don't just minimise....
Use redsn0w to put your iPhone into PWNed DFU....close out...
Start iTunes and update to 5.1.1....
Use Absinthe 2.0.4 to jailbreak...

I'm afraid, since the OP has a 4S, he can't use pwned DFU, and there is no need to...

Simzter, Bula was right with the first piece. You need to correct you hosts file using TinyUmbrella. You should then simply be able to restore 5.1.1 through iTunes as normal. It MUST be 5.1.1. No other version.

If you get stuck again, we have a comprehensive guide which, if you follow step for step, will resolve all the issues you normally face during a restore. See here - http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/h...afe-method-restore-current-version-ios-26019/

Note to self...must stop speed reading....

did you download the 5.1.1 firmware and do a shift+restore in itunes? that should work.

Thank you all for your replies - I tried the simplest 1st - 5.1.1 firmware and shift+restore worked a treat!

I'd tried everyfirmware for the 4s BUT that one!

Panic over :)