What's new

Unable to save shsh blobs using ifaith

I've had some problems with iFaith too, and using my old Dell laptop works 100% of the time, whereas on my MBP (via VMWare) it simply won't work... (all my other windows JB tools work fine).

Definitely try an alternative machine.

Yeah will try again on Monday on my other pc at work.

Thanks

ok im doing this right now as i type as on my pc at work and as soon as i get the iphone on dfu mode the ifaith program starts and and in a few seconds itunes pops up saying itunes has detected iphone you most restore iphone before using itunes is this normal then i check ifaith and the programs is right were it says bat.low 0 dumping verifying blob 4/13 shsh capture and it just wont pass this point. what can i do is there any other program that i can use to save my shsh beside tinyumbrella im running 4.1

thanks

iFaith is the only available tool to dump your SHSH, if you can't get it to work you're just gonna have to live without the 4.1 SHSH

I thought 4.1 is only being signed for 3G or 3GS?

The best way I found to resolve iFaith problems, was to redownload it. Redownload on a guest account on your PC. or redownload it from another browser. Internet connection is only needed for saving the blobs to iFaith's server. Do an Internet connection is needed when dumping blobs. But I think the iFaith Ipsw bypasses iTunes verifying the ipsw. But completely sure on that still might need to be connected while restoring.

iFaith is the only available tool to dump your SHSH, if you can't get it to work you're just gonna have to live without the 4.1 SHSH

I think you are right going to have to move on to 5.0.1 hopefully untether comes out soon.

The best way I found to resolve iFaith problems, was to redownload it. Redownload on a guest account on your PC. or redownload it from another browser. Internet connection is only needed for saving the blobs to iFaith's server. Do an Internet connection is needed when dumping blobs. But I think the iFaith Ipsw bypasses iTunes verifying the ipsw. But completely sure on that still might need to be connected while restoring.

i have redownloaded many times to two different pc but i haven't try downloaded from another browser.but i think i just go to 5.0.1

thanks guys for the help anyways:)

Yup, just go straight to ih8sn0w.com and download iFaith v1.4.1.

Try downloading from a guest account or from a different browser. I always have problem when a new iFaith comes out. Every time. Including your problem. But everything I mentioned has worked....................eventually.

I know it sucks but apparently that's just how iFaith is. Sometimes just got download different ways to make work rite. I have no idea why. It is weird.

Same thing with redsn0w. Same exact thing actually.lol.

Idk.

iFaith 1.4.1 was released just a few minutes ago, it fixed some minor bugs(maybe yours was one of them :p) Worth a shot anyway, here's the download link: iFaith-v1.4.1_win.zip

thanks guys last night i upgraded to 5.0.1 and this morning saw this lol oh well i love the new ios 5.0.1 i guess i use the new ifaith version to save shsh for 5.0.1 lol.and now waiting for untether.

Yup, just go straight to ih8sn0w.com and download iFaith v1.4.1.

Try downloading from a guest account or from a different browser. I always have problem when a new iFaith comes out. Every time. Including your problem. But everything I mentioned has worked....................eventually.

I know it sucks but apparently that's just how iFaith is. Sometimes just got download different ways to make work rite. I have no idea why. It is weird.

Same thing with redsn0w. Same exact thing actually.lol.

Idk.