What's new

Tool to jailbreak iphone 4 VZW

SuzukiGS750EZ

Reaction score
Hey guys. I've jailbroken iphones on at&t with the dev team's tool redsn0w. I've also used redsn0w for my ipod touch and many others. What do you suggest for the iphone 4 on verizon? Is there anything i should be aware of? Also, if any of you haven't already seen my thread. If anybody uses a casemate pop case or clear armor, or both, can you help me? Will these two work in conjunction or should i only use one or the other?

I don't imagine anyone will much know about jailbreaking the Verizon iPhone until it is out in public. There's the possibility some have already been working on it, but I would be surprised.

I don't believe jailbreaking will be any different on the verzion phone...

I don't believe jailbreaking will be any different on the verzion phone...

Main possible issue I can see, and this is speculation, is the exact version of iOS on the phone. I had said I wasn't going to jailbreak the stupid phone, now that everyone is talking about it, I may have to go practice on my iPod Touch. LOL

It's simple to jailbreak. I'm wondering if the phone will have 4.2.5 on it, which i don't think there's a tool out for that yet.

The verzion phone that was showed off by jobs when it was unveiled had 4.2.5 installed.

4.3 is not too far away and there is already a jailbreak for it...

I read that somewhere too. There is a jailbreak for it so you will be able to jailbreak on the day you get it...

i would like to jailbreak mine when i get it is there anyone whom can walk me through it?

I can walk you through. I've been in the jailbreaking scene almost three years. I just didn't know if there were any new tool updates for the verizon version of the firmware.

There will more than likely be a guide on here when the time comes...

on muscle nerds twitter he says the shatter exploit will work for it and that even the new hardware did not fix the hole they used to jailbreak and they dont know why