What's new

Texts sent on their own

Rebecca Harding

Reaction score
I have a Verizon iPhone 6s (not jailbroken). At approximately 1:00 a.m. on September 21, 2018, several SMS text messages (green) were sent to many of my contacts.

The messages were just a mess of different characters and emojis and also a link via Google and Yahoo to different sites (see attached screenshot).

I was asleep at 1:00 a.m. and my phone was on my desk plugged into the charger. No one else has access to my phone or knows my pass code. Anyone else encounter this? Should I be worried? Are there any measures that can be taken to avoid this in the future?

Thank you in advance for any assistance!

Attachments

• ss.PNG
    ss.PNG
    235.7 KB · Views: 926
My 6 never did that, but one night when I was going to sleep it unlocked itself and dialed a friend of mine. I eventually heard all the beeps from the sound of buttons being pressed. I hung up and texted him saying sorry about that, my phone was possessed. He said all he heard was just a non stop flow of buttons being pressed. It never did it again though. I have no answer, but it was a one time thing. Happened to someone else, same exact thing almost. I remember the post, and I remember replying, but I don't remember the name of the post. I think it was an isolated incident for that person too.

Aliens. :p

Seriously, though, I would find this very worrisome. Nothing like this has ever happened to me, but since the last update, I have had a lot of problems with Siri.

My 6 never did that, but one night when I was going to sleep it unlocked itself and dialed a friend of mine. I eventually heard all the beeps from the sound of buttons being pressed. I hung up and texted him saying sorry about that, my phone was possessed. He said all he heard was just a non stop flow of buttons being pressed. It never did it again though. I have no answer, but it was a one time thing. Happened to someone else, same exact thing almost. I remember the post, and I remember replying, but I don't remember the name of the post. I think it was an isolated incident for that person too.

My 6S Plus did this also, about 6 months in (bought when first came out) in fact it did it about 8 different times back then but hasn't done it since.