What's new

Text Messaging - Beware!

Yeah that happened to a lot of people on the day of the iphone 4 release. I read about this the day after so i checked mine. There was a lot of chaos wit peoples att account in the store that day including mine. Luckily my account was fine. Supprised its still happening to people.

My multimedia was not turned on. Luckily, I found out my accident when I tried to send a pic to someone elses phone. One would have thought that would have been automatic considering I had a phone, data, text and navigation plan.

thank you. it happened to me 2 days ago I couldn't figure out why I want getting any text then I remembered that thread and called att!!

i disabled texing from AT&T , but use "textfree" APP and that works great

Good advice to check your plan to make sure you're getting the best deal.

One thing that concerns me about using the TextFree app and other "free" replacement texting systems is that every time you use them, you are providing both your cell phone number and the cell phone number of your recipient to a third party, who can pretty much do what they want with that information.

Ever wonder why TextFree is "free"? What would a large database of current, private, personal and usually-personally-answered, not-listed-anywhere-else, telephone numbers be worth?