What's new

springboard laggy/choppy

izzyfanto said:
yeah I uninstalled winterboard after the untethered JB just released. theming would be cool, but it's not worth t to sacrifice the performance and smoothness of iOS. until winterboard works well, I'll be theme less ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Hey.

WINTERBOARD ALWAYS DOES THIS ON IOS 5. THE FIX IS MORE THAN SIMPLE:

Install "Barrel" from Cydia.

Makes it nice and smooth

Fixes it every time.

WINTERBOARD ALWAYS DOES THIS ON IOS 5. THE FIX IS MORE THAN SIMPLE:

Install "Barrel" from Cydia.

Makes it nice and smooth

Fixes it every time.

Hold on. I'm not feeling this at all.
I have (and have always had) Winterboard installed on my iPhone4 (no Barrel) and things are perfectly smooth and fully performant. It is currently on IOS 5.0.1 untethered with no problems. I am also running a complex theme (Prestige HD).

Lets not mislead our members by recommending they purchase a tweak to resolve a problem which is not mainstream. It's great if it fixed it for you, but it is likely you have something ELSE, probably a incompatible IOS5 tweak, which is causing this problem. NOT Winterboard.

f4780y said:
I have (and have always had) Winterboard installed on my iPhone4 (no Barrel) and things are perfectly smooth and fully performant. It is currently on IOS 5.0.1 untethered with no problems. I am also running a complex theme (Prestige HD).

Lets not mislead our members by recommending they purchase a tweak to resolve a problem which is not mainstream. It's great if it fixed it for you, but it is likely you have something ELSE, probably a incompatible IOS5 tweak, which is causing this problem. NOT Winterboard.

I agree. I'm running Black UPS (which isn't really that complex), but I've never had a "lagging" issue with my springboard even when I was running dreamboard themes.

darkstar2007 said:
I agree. I'm running Black UPS (which isn't really that complex), but I've never had a "lagging" issue with my springboard even when I was running dreamboard themes.

that is extremely encouraging. I will install it again! thanks for the feedback :)

f4780y said:

Nope. It's WinterBoard and Sauria himself confirmed it for me.

Only "sometimes" does WB not cause this.

When I first encountered this problem, I was very annoyed by it, as it just started happening all the sudden and didn't happen before.

I restored like 10 times hoping WinterBoard would not cause the bug.

But after it happens the first time, it happens every time

I installed WinterBoard and WinterBoard ONLY (along with it's dependencies of coarse).
And WinterBoard was "THE" only package I had installed and the jumpy lagging springboard was clearly from
Installing WinterBoard.

It is most certainly a WinterBoard bug.

It just doesn't happen to every one

But if you happen to have w
After installing WinterBoard.................The. Installing "Barrel" is the "only" fix.

Well I guess you could just keep reinstalling like I did and hope it goes away

Suarik's quote:

"but once it starts happening, it usually does not go away, even after restore. So installing Barrel will In fact fix this issue. However, if you do not want to use Barrel's effect, you can easily enable "no effect" in Barrel's setting section in the preferences application"

zig9449 said:
Nope. It's WinterBoard and Sauria himself confirmed it for me.

Only "sometimes" does WB not cause this.

When I first encountered this problem, I was very annoyed by it, as it just started happening all the sudden and didn't happen before.

I restored like 10 times hoping WinterBoard would not cause the bug.

But after it happens the first time, it happens every time

I installed WinterBoard and WinterBoard ONLY (along with it's dependencies of coarse).
And WinterBoard was "THE" only package I had installed and the jumpy lagging springboard was clearly from
Installing WinterBoard.

It is most certainly a WinterBoard bug.

It just doesn't happen to every one

But if you happen to have w
After installing WinterBoard.................The. Installing "Barrel" is the "only" fix.

Well I guess you could just keep reinstalling like I did and hope it goes away

Suarik's quote:

"but once it starts happening, it usually does not go away, even after restore. So installing Barrel will In fact fix this issue. However, if you do not want to use Barrel's effect, you can easily enable "no effect" in Barrel's setting section in the preferences application"

huh that is interesting. I wonder what the cause is...?? :-/ bummer

Yeah I know.......I happen to always install Barrel anyway, so the lag wouldn't have been a problem for me after installing Barrel...........

I was just on a hunt to fix the bug without Barrel..., but I could not get it to go away (which is strange because as I said, it did not happen before).
I finally contacted Saurik about it, he told me was aware, and he has a version of WinterBoard you can download from a website, that does not contain the bug (why it's not in Cydia I don't know).

But if I didn't want to do that I can just install Barrel.

zig9449 said:
Yeah I know.......I happen to always install Barrel anyway, so the lag wouldn't have been a problem for me after installing Barrel...........

I was just on a hunt to fix the bug without Barrel..., but I could not get it to go away (which is strange because as I said, it did not happen before).
I finally contacted Saurik about it, he told me was aware, and he has a version of WinterBoard you can download from a website, that does not contain the bug (why it's not in Cydia I don't know).

But if I didn't want to do that I can just install Barrel.

is it against forum rules to point me in the direction of this link? I would really love to install a non laggy winterboard :)

Yeah I have it my email some where. I'll find it and post back.

zig9449 said:
Yeah I have it my email some where. I'll find it and post back.

thanks!

Must be some truth to this because my springboard was a little choppy to. I removed most of my tweaks one by one with no good results. Saw this thread gave it a try and it worked.

What's crazy is before I restored yesterday it was silky smooth with winterboard. I installed and removed it twice just to check.

just tried reinstalling winterboard...laggy :-/ installed barrel, lag gone :) so strange it works fine for some and not others :-S

Had the same issue until installing barrel yesterday. Winterboard alone was good but after a while it would get a bit choppy and take a sec to catch up. Installed barrel and my device is flying, feels smoother than it was without winterboard.

I was going crazy, everything was laggy, springboard and games, i installed barrel and it fixed most of the lag, and dont even have winterboard installed.