What's new

springboard laggy/choppy

izzyfanto

Reaction score
I have noticed going from iOS 5.0.1 stock(silky smooth) to iOS 5.0.1 jailbrokem springboard gets really laggy and choppy swiping between screens. is this normal? i don't have that many tweaks installed.

also, i cannot get the iOS 5 gestures to work. i have the option enabled and they just don't work :-/

No, its not normal. I have never noticed any performance issues on a phone jailbroken on 5.0.1, try doing a fresh restore.

thanks for the reply

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

It is likely to be one of the few tweaks you have installed. List them and we'll see if there is a problem. Remember not everything is 5.x ready.

It is likely to be one of the few tweaks you have installed. List them and we'll see if there is a problem. Remember not everything is 5.x ready.

thanks for the reply.

Cydia tweaks installed:

-SBSettings
-Browser Changer
-NoNewsIsGoodNews
-NoSpot
-WinterBoard
-a SMS theme
-the tweak that disables the "No New Notifications"
-Activator(came installed with Cydia)
-SafeMode

What are safemode and nonewsisgoodnews? Ive never heard of those. The rest are compatible with iOS5(assuming all are up to date and your sms theme is iOS5 compatible)

Jmills87 said:
What are safemode and nonewsisgoodnews? Ive never heard of those. The rest are compatible with iOS5(assuming all are up to date and your sms theme is iOS5 compatible)

installs a shortcut to put into safemode and the other uninstalls the Newstand. and yes, all up to date and it was choppy before I uninstalled the SMS theme :-/

Agree with jmills87. Something ain't right and you don't have a lot on your phone at all. In this case, a restore and re-jailbreak is probably in order... It really shouldn't be choppy with that config.

springboard was causing the issue for me...try uninstalling it...might be the same for you..

springboard was causing the issue for me...try uninstalling it...might be the same for you..

Really? You uninstalled Springboard, a core component of the operating system, not just the jailbreak? How did you manage that?

Really? You uninstalled Springboard, a core component of the operating system, not just the jailbreak? How did you manage that?

Nah brother. I think I wrote the wrong words. What you do is open cydia. Go to the packages you uave installed and uninstall winterboard. That should take care of the choppy/laggy swiping.

toymaker05 said:
Nah brother. I think I wrote the wrong words. What you do is open cydia. Go to the packages you uave installed and uninstall winterboard. That should take care of the choppy/laggy swiping.

yeah I uninstalled winterboard after the untethered JB just released. theming would be cool, but it's not worth t to sacrifice the performance and smoothness of iOS. until winterboard works well, I'll be theme less ;-)