What's new

springboard laggy/choppy

Thanks for the info guys. I installed barrel and the scrolling doesn't lag anymore, I also have winterboard still installed and it seems fine. I also found that disabling summerboard mode in winterboard helps somewhat as well.

Let me get this straight. Because Winterboard makes the phone lag I now have to go spend $3 on an app to get it to stop lagging?

I faced the lag issue in iOS 5.

Just disable summer board option and re spring.

It solved the issue for me.

bottlefed1 said:
Let me get this straight. Because Winterboard makes the phone lag I now have to go spend $3 on an app to get it to stop lagging?

Yup.

Don't like it...complain to the creator of WinterBoard...Saurik...who is also the creator of Cydia itself.

But there is no need...Saurik is very very aware of the WinterBoard lag issue.

Before...it was really bad...I never really had to deal with it because I always have Barrel installed anyway...

At least now..having SummerBoard
Mode off helps the lag.

Believe me,...he is working on it. He told me himself.

He can actually fix that lag rite now...but at the expense of other needed functions.

But he pretty much gave up on fixing it for iOS 5. He is working on making its work for iOS 6. A wise move too.

So for now...until iOS 6 comes out...WinterBoard users on iOS 5 can either turn SummerBoard mode off....or install Barrel...and enjoy very smooth scrolling on the SpringBoard.

I mean...if you don't like the animations you can always just select "Normal (No Effects)" in Barrel's settings.