What's new

some sound gone after little water on phone 6s

jg001

Reaction score
hi guys

please help :( my phone got caught in a little water in my handbag not like i dropped it fully in the sink. i didn't realise till 11 hours later that some sound had gone so my phone is currently sat in some rice to try and dry anything out.
what works - get a ringtone sound upon people calling me
Now the following wont work -
-Text message tone
-when calling i cannot hear the the other person
-video sound/music sound/email sound
even when i go into the settings for text messages and play the tones nothing sounds the ringtones for calls of course does.

Find it odd that the ring tone sound works compared to all other sounds? i think its going to be a repair job before i do this however i just want any advice on what may have been damaged? not insured

UK JG

Have you tried a reset of the phone. Hold power and home button until apple logo shows and let go. Might help. May not. Worth a try at least if you have done so already. Just some food for thought. Good day!!

When your iPhone gets wet, do not use it. If it's turned off, don't turn it on. If it's turned on, either leave it and hope you don't get notifications. Or turn it off. Using the device might cause a short circuit. These might also be the reason why you get a ringtone, but a few other things don't work.

Better wait until you know it is completely dry. Rice is not the best method. If you have some of those silica gel sachets, use these.

Take it to the next Apple Retail Store to get advice.

Have you tried a reset of the phone. Hold power and home button until apple logo shows and let go. Might help. May not. Worth a try at least if you have done so already. Just some food for thought. Good day!!

thank you tried that a few times hasn't helped

Since water damage can cause corrosion on the logic board that gets worse over time, it's important to get your iPhone to a service centre as soon as possible.

When your iPhone gets wet, do not use it. If it's turned off, don't turn it on. If it's turned on, either leave it and hope you don't get notifications. Or turn it off. Using the device might cause a short circuit. These might also be the reason why you get a ringtone, but a few other things don't work.

Better wait until you know it is completely dry. Rice is not the best method. If you have some of those silica gel sachets, use these.

Take it to the next Apple Retail Store to get advice.
thank you i have switched it off for the night i dont have any silica gel wouldn't be able to get any quickly either. i will call the retail store thank you