What's new

Some AT&T and Apple iPhone 4 pre-orders have been cancelled

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
iphone-4-with-side1.jpg

With the good news we just posted that some customers are getting shipping notifications, we have some bad news to report as well. A few major tech sites are reporting that Apple and AT&T customers have been receiving emails showing their iPhone 4 pre-orders have been cancelled.

Email from AT&T:
Your iPhone order has been cancelled.
Your credit card has not been charged.
If you believe you have received this email in error, please return to the AT&T store where you placed your order.

Sincerely,
AT&T

Email from Apple:

Dear Customer,
We were unable to complete the authorization process for your iPhone order. As a result, we had to cancel your iPhone order. To complete the purchase of your iPhone, please visit an Apple Retail Store or an AT&T company-owned retail store.

We apologize for this inconvenience.

Sincerely,
Apple Online Store Team

We aren't sure exactly what's going on here, but I'm sure we'll hear from Apple or AT&T soon. Let us know if you were one of the unfortunate people that got this email tonight.

Source: BGR and Engadget

i bet the customers who where cancelled where very later orders though, ones they realised couldnot be filed so they have to cancel it

I was kinda wondering with all the security issues they had..people logging in on accounts that were not theirs and approved for a better price point that they should have had. As they are sorting thru them they havetoo cancel due to the incorrect billing/account. Not sure just an idea ;)

I pre ord my iPhone at the AT&T store and have not heard a
word one way or the other.

Your iPhone order has been cancelled.
Your credit card has not been charged.
*If you believe you have received this email in error, please return to the AT&T store where you placed your order.
Sincerely,
AT&T

This MSG from AT&T was my fathers day wake up call.
Now what???!!!
I could get a few of my big ugly smelly tat load friends to
stand online.

Did they receive cancellation notices after they received order confirmation? I'm thinking it may be due to credit card or AT&T account issues.

I will be going to the AT&T store today with my contract.
No were does it say they can cancell my ord with resone.
Will I have to wait out side on line with the rest of the world.
This to say the least is unfair.
I could understand if I made the pre ord on the web and got
no confermation, but I went to the AT&T store and have the print out of
my contract. Let see what happens. Wish me luck or at that they don't call the police on me.

lol good luck, they will tell you why maybe your not eligable for the 4 or .. i dunno, why not call them?

I'm here at the AT&T store. I have been an AT&T customer for over 10 years.
I have 5 lines with them, home phone, DLS, and U-Verse thier tv service.
I have never been late with a payment.
Ok here we go