What's new

Shooting 4k with the iPhone 7 plus

MK_Producer

Reaction score
Hey gang - we're planning on doing some 4 shooting with the iPhone 7plus and I'm just realizing that a good portion of it will need to be with the front facing camera.
It appears that will only shoot 1080p and NOT 4k and then I clearly don't have the advantages of the dual camera.

Trying to find a workaround....is there an adapter I can use with the phone that will act like a viewfinder?

All thoughts appreciated!
Michelle

Hey gang - we're planning on doing some 4 shooting with the iPhone 7plus and I'm just realizing that a good portion of it will need to be with the front facing camera.
It appears that will only shoot 1080p and NOT 4k and then I clearly don't have the advantages of the dual camera.

Trying to find a workaround....is there an adapter I can use with the phone that will act like a viewfinder?

All thoughts appreciated!
Michelle
The Apple Watch can be used as a viewfinder and remote shutter button for the iPhone. It's accessed by opening the camera apps on the iPhone and the Apple Watch. The screen of the Apple Watch will show the field of view of whichever iPhone camera is selected.

The Apple Watch can be used as a viewfinder and remote shutter button for the iPhone. It's accessed by opening the camera apps on the iPhone and the Apple Watch. The screen of the Apple Watch will show the field of view of whichever iPhone camera is selected.
THANK YOU!! What a great idea!

The pixels are very clear and good enough. Is the 4k quality really needed for the space that it takes?