What's new

Iphone 7 plus camera

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but for those of you who have Adobe Lightroom there is an update today that allows true RAW HDR capture. I'm reading about it now and it apparently allows you to export the 3 RAW files in addition to the processed file.

I plan to do quite a bit of playing with this as I find time. I've been an Adobe Creative Cloud subscriber since it's inception and while I am more familiar with Photoshop than I am Lightroom this is exciting to me. :)

I also am used to shooting RAW with my DSLR camera and am very eager to learn this iPhone camera. One question I have though is that I have read that RAW capture is possible using the 7+ but I can't find any settings for it, does this require an app? If it does require an app can anyone make any suggestions on which one is best?

I use ProCam 4 to shoot RAW.

ProCam 4 - Manual Camera + RAW by Samer Azzam
ProCam 4 - Manual Camera + RAW on the App Store

This app lets u shoot RAW, RAW+JPEG embedded, or also (JPEG 80, 90, 100) or HQ Tiff images, HDR, and is very flexible. It's a paid app but is well worth the money in my opinion. Another neat feature, especially when shooting video, it allows u to lock to whichever one of the two cameras you want to be shooting from so there isn't a constant switch and refocus during your video recordings as the phones stock app is prone to doing as well. This app is more advanced then some but offers great flexibility in terms of custom settings, and if you shoot dslr and raw you'd probably have no issues finding your way through the learning curve. It also shoots great quality photos right out of the box. I've tried a few top paid camera apps and found this was the one for me. Maybe you'd like it too. Also supports up to 4K video at 30fps if u want to purchase the plugin.