What's new

SHAtter Exploit will Jailbreak All Existing iOS Devices Forever !

This way of jailbreaking doesn't even sound like an option to me. I hope this isn't the only jailbreak route they are looking into for 4.1.

If I go somewhere for a few days and only take my charger as I don't want to carry my laptop, if my phone should run out of battery for whatever reason (I dont know I couldn't get to a plug in time) I would be screwed.

Madness!

Ok so where did all those articles get their information from? I have not found one official post that said "The JB is going to be tethered"
Have you?

so what happens if you do reboot? do you still have all your apps and what not and just lose the jailbreak and cydia apps? and if you redo i t through the comp, would you get everything back or do you start over from square 1?

I'm wondering the same thing if anyone could answer?

so what happens if you do reboot? do you still have all your apps and what not and just lose the jailbreak and cydia apps? and if you redo i t through the comp, would you get everything back or do you start over from square 1?

i think its like blackra1n, when you do a restart you will need to re-jailbreak it to keep your apps, instead of doing a restore

i think its like blackra1n, when you do a restart you will need to re-jailbreak it to keep your apps, instead of doing a restore

phew
ok that's a lot better
and I'm fine with the tethered (although it would be better if it was untethered) but I always keep my iPhone charged and ready for the day
never went outta battery with it
but I understand if traveling it could be a pain

for the time being, its gonna be a tethered one..but im hopeful for the unthered jb.

man i was happy that there is a new jailbreak coming out but dang, after every re-boot what a pain in the butt

how often do you reboot? i never do

Same here, but when's it coming out...? It's frustrating waiting..lol, i spent over a day on 4.0.2 trying to find ways of jailbreaking it, till i realised you can't, so i have now updated to 4.1 and am eagerly awaiting.

for the time being, its gonna be a tethered one..but im hopeful for the unthered jb.

Actually.... nobody that info at the moment. Ive been checking updates on Twitter etc and it looks like early reports of the Tethered JB are indeed false.

So... we DO know that a JB for 4.1 is on its way... (NO I DO NOT know when) but the fact of it being tethered or not is not confirmed... so it maybe good news all round!

I really hope it will be untethered, it's more of a convenience too. Some people might not want to carry their laptop around when traveling. I don't think I'll upgrade unless it's going to be untethered and easily done where ever I go. Still running on 4.0 here :)

well.. Does any1 know if this shatter stuff will be able to unlock iphone 4 as well? I mean so that you can use it with a different operator? Because I have a friend who screwed up and bought an Iphone 4 with firmware 4.1 from USA and need to unlock to use it here in Norway,so he is kinda upset. Is this thing that the iphone-dev team sais true, that ther wont be unlock for those with the new baseband possibly forever?

Last edited:
well.. Does any1 know if this shatter stuff will be able to unlock iphone 4 as well? I mean so that you can use it with a different operator? Because I have a friend who screwed up and bought an Iphone 4 with firmware 4.1 so he is kinda upset. Is this thing that the iphone-dev team sais true, that ther wont be unlock for those with the new baseband possibly forever?
what? this would be awful !! Please somebody say that this is not true...