What's new

Jailbreak Verizon iPhone 4 On iOS 4.2.6 For Life On Its Launch

tankie_sean

Reaction score
We have already updated you that iPhone Dev Team is waiting for Verizon iPhone launch on Feb 10. On the other hand people are expecting that the Dev Team will introduce unlock and jailbreak for Verizon iPhone. MuscleNerd, iPhone Dev Team key member has confirmed that Verizon iPhone 4 on iOS 4.2.6 will be jailbroken on its launch day. For the early buyers the CDMA iPhone 4 will be pwned for life. That is surely a great news.
This is what MuscleNerd has tweeted first:
If the i4 crypto engine couldn’t get those, it would have been bad sign for limera1n. But it did, so there’s still hope.
A person on Twitter named damon_taylor asked MuscleNerd:
@musclenerd deciphering key Firmware is an important step toward completion of the jailbreak of the iPhone. But what is the next step?
Musclenerd Replied to this :
If limera1n is still there, it means at *least* tethered JB on 0-day (and for those who buy early, forever).

It seems that just after the release of iOS 4.2.6 for Verizon iPhone, MuscleNerd was successful to extract the keys through the iPhone 4′s crypto engine. Now its confirmed that GeoHot’s Limera1n exploit will continue to work. We are not sure why Apple did not fixed the limera1n exploit till now even after revising the hardware.

I am SO excited to hear this. Ordered three this morning and thought I would have to wait at least a couple weeks for JB!

how is this possible when there is no untethered jailbreak for 4.2.1 yet?

They've had an untethered jailbreak for life for the original iPhone 4 since it was launched aswell. The devs chose not to release it as they've found other ways to got round it.

Saving it for something...

Some of this sites members are reoprting that they have estimated delivery dates beginning on Monday the 7th. Do you think that the dev team will release the 4.2.6 JB as soon as the phones start arriving or will they wait until the 10th?

I think they will wait for the 10th. I don't think the iPhones will arrive before then anyway...

so we have to do the update to 4.2.6 before doing this right? Mine was shipped with 4.2.5. thanks