What's new

Ringtones gone

They let me download my two missing tones three times. All disappeared the same. Said they'd get in touch with me and never did. It's really my only complaint as the rest of the phone is pretty sweet. Maybe an update will fix. Lots of people complaining of this over on the apple. Com forum. So it's not like they don't know about it.
Mine do show in iTunes but do not sync.

They let me download my two missing tones three times. All disappeared the same. Said they'd get in touch with me and never did. It's really my only complaint as the rest of the phone is pretty sweet. Maybe an update will fix. Lots of people complaining of this over on the apple. Com forum. So it's not like they don't know about it.

exactly what is happening to me, I downloaded them again and it disappeared tried again same..so I got a email telling me they will be in touch and I haven't heard anything. It makes me mad because they are paid for. Here's hoping an update will take care of it.

They might need a few days more than expected to contact you again. I've received an email some days ago, and since then had a conversation (via email) with the one that had contacted me. They're still working at it, I gave them some additional information. They'll let me know when this will be resolved.

Last edited:
I chatted with Apple and was told:

Apple is investigating this issue with Ringtones missing after the update to iOS 8.1.1, and it will be resolved in a timely manner. For right now, please do not repurchase them, as the issue should be resolved soon.

So...I will keep you updated in case someone else runs across this. My problem is, I guess, I shouldn't have synced to my computer. My husband didn't lose his, but he hasn't synced his phone lately.

I'm having this same exact issue, and am THRILLED to have found this information. I have repurchases a couple of ringtones, but will stop that nonsense!!!! Looking forward to figuring this out!

I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it! (that's one of my missing ringtones) lol There is a fix in the works! :

iOS 8.1.2 Released Here s What Changed TechnoBuffalo