What's new

problem syncing tones to iPhone 5

Zeus661

Reaction score
I converted (created) the tone file to an m4r file and I can see it in the iTunes program in the Tones folder. I see my phone is connected, I highlight my phone, highlight Tones, and click Sync.

I goes through the process but I do not see the file in the Tones folder on my phone in iTunes.

I have tried over and over for hours. I have searched Google for help.

Any ideas how to get this to work?

One thing I noticed is you would think I could drag and drop the file from the iTunes tones folder to the phones tones folder but when I try that i see a red circle with a line through it when I hover over any of the folder of my phone. Could that be the problem?

I converted (created) the tone file to an m4r file and I can see it in the iTunes program in the Tones folder. I see my phone is connected, I highlight my phone, highlight Tones, and click Sync.

I goes through the process but I do not see the file in the Tones folder on my phone in iTunes.

I have tried over and over for hours. I have searched Google for help.

Any ideas how to get this to work?

One thing I noticed is you would think I could drag and drop the file from the iTunes tones folder to the phones tones folder but when I try that i see a red circle with a line through it when I hover over any of the folder of my phone. Could that be the problem?

I was able to drag and drop from my tones to phone. Then I got this one tone and got the circle line thing in the tones section.

My tone app had a video to step by step it. I tried it several times and it failed. I kept going back to the video and finally saw the one step I was missing step. The problem isI think there was a point that I was suppose to sync and wasn't doing it.

From what you are saying it sounds right but I'm sure that you are missing a step. Go back to Google and get a youtube video and just go step by step. I think there was another sync I missed.

Try it again with the video. If that fails, close iTunes, reboot the computer and see if that doesn't help. Wish I could pin point it better for you. Good luck...