What's new

Have a quick question

Raza

Reaction score
Sorry for a question you've probably heard already, since I'm sure you just got a bunch of new members.

Here's my question. I want to sync my ringtones up on my iPhone 5 with the tones I just downloaded to iTunes. But, it says that it is synced with another library and that I have to erase the phone to sync. So here are my questions:

1. If I do this, does it start the whole phone from scratch? Or just the iTunes content?
2. I restored this iPhone from the backup I made of my old iPhone 4. That was synced to this library. I just went through a mess with AT&T to get this phone activated. If I erase the phone and start over, is it going to deactivate?

Again, apologies for the newbie question.

Thanks in advance.

1. I believe it would start from scratch.
2. If you restored from your iPhone 4 backup it shouldn't have told you it was synced with a different library. I just got mine and I had a 4 and I restored the backup at the apple store then when I brought it home to sync my music it started syncing like it wasn't a new phone.

Are you sure you haven't created a new libarary or uninstalled itunes or anything in between phones? Do you have more than one iPhone and restored the wrong iCloud backup?

Oh another thing I thought of, did you do the latest iTunes update? If not it might have something to do with that.

Yup, I updated the iTunes version before activating the new phone. I'm not sure what could have happened. I don't think that I changed any libraries on it.

I did a backup of this phone now. Do you think it's worth it to try to sync and if it doesn't work, just restore it off my latest backup?

Worth a try. That's really weird. Our music in iTunes plays fine and everything? Like it didn't get corrupted? That's happened to me before