What's new

Ringtones max amount?

one2boost

Reaction score
Okay before anyone starts, I searched the subject and only found "how to make ringtones?", "how to download ringtones?", etc.... My question is there a max amount of ringtones one could have on an iPhone 5? I had a bunch when I first got it. Then I made a few more lastnight and tried to install it. In doing so, I lost a few that I had before, and some didn't get installed. I tried syncing in different modes, "all tones" and "only checked". Whatever the case, I lose a few and gain a few. So again, is there a max amount of ringtones I could store on this phone.

I remember had more on my 3GS. Within the next hour I will experiement and try to install these ringtones on my 3GS w/ios6.

Okay, I just tried loading all the new stuff I made into my 3GS, same issue. Not all the ringtones I made gets loaded and a few of the old stuff I had does not show up. So there must be a max amount one could load up into the phone.

Okay I just checked, I installed 21 of my own ringtones at a size of 13.3mb plus the stock ringtones.

I currently have 56 ringtones of my own, plus the stock ones. Will have to check size parameters when I'm in front of the Mac again, but if there is a limit, I haven't hit it yet

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I had to break down and call the Apple customer support. It turns out, the problem I had was with iTunes. For some reason, I had to remove my library and reinstall. A pain in the ***Moderation Notice***, but it finally works.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had to break down and call the Apple customer support. It turns out, the problem I had was with iTunes. For some reason, I had to remove my library and reinstall. A pain in the ***Moderation Notice***, but it finally works.
Please review our Forum Rules. Namely, where it states that posting explicit language and/or anything objectionable is not allowed. Thanks! Thomasjtsi, iPF Staff