What's new

Ringtone help

Bama_FanG

Reaction score
I have downloaded two ringtones to my phone. I had tried to back my phone up and it wouldn't do it so I did a network reset and ever since I did that my ringtones won't work. If you go to sound> ringtones you can see the two ringtones I purchased and even see a blue arrow beside the one I had for my main ringtone but it uses the regular ringtone that came with the phone and says default beside it. I tried to go to the iTunes.com/restore site and it said my ringtones were not affected. How do I make my ringtones I purchased the default ringtone again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you selected a ringtone different than the default one, your iPhone should play the selected sound.

Reset your iPhone: press and hold Home and Power button at the same time until you see the Apple logo. Then let go of both, aour iPhone will power up on it's own. This reset won't remove data or change settings. It might help with your problem, though.

If that doesn't help, reset all settings. This will set back your settings to default, but you won't lose data. Go to Settings - General - Reset, and select "Reset all Settings". You'll have to take a look at every setting afterwards, to set up your iPhone as you prefer.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the response I reset all settings and it still has opening with default beside it even though I have my other ringtone selected with a blue checkmark by it. I don't know why it wonderful allow me to select a different ringtone.

If the ringtone is checkmarked, it should also play when someone is calling. You can't change the default ringtone (Opening), but you can choose the sound you wish to hear when someone is calling.
If you find the ringtone you selected here:
image.jpeg

this means it's working as main ringtone.

If you go to Settings>Sounds you will see the screen that J.A. is showing you in the above post. Then click on where it says Ringtone. You should get a screen that shows all ringtones. It will say Opening is the default but that doesn't mean it's the one you selected. Click on the tone you want. You should then see a blue check mark. That is now the tone that will ring when a call comes in. But do not be confused, it won't say default because that is not the same as selected. And selected is what you care about.
image.png

Thanks for the help. Got the ringtone working. The default by the opening had me confused.

The first thing you'll need to do is choose a song in iTunes to use as a ringtone. Open up iTunes on your Mac or PC and click on the My Music tab. Choose a song that's on your hard drive then right click on it, choose Get Info, then click the Options tab.