What's new

restoring iphone 4 4.2.6 without updating to 4.2.8

mbaverizon

Reaction score
ok i watched a few youtube videos but really didnt understand them, can someone explain it easier to understand!

Have the desire ipsw on a proper location ex in your desktop. When you ready to clic restore, press down "shift key" and press restore while having the shift key pressed down. A window will show up, locate your desire ipsw from that window and clic ok. You are good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have the desire ipsw on a proper location ex in your desktop. When you ready to clic restore, press down "shift key" and press restore while having the shift key pressed down. A window will show up, locate your desire ipsw from that window and clic ok. You are good to go.

How do I get the ipsw and where do I get it

You should first allow hidden file to be showed, you can clic organize >folder and search options. in the popup wondow clic on tab "view" then mark "show hidden files, folders and drives" when that's done go to
C: user > username(your comp user name) > appData > Roaming > apple computer > iTunes > iPhone Softwarw Updates. Check in that folder if you have the ipsw you want to install in on your phone. If yes you can copy, NOT CUT the ipsw to another location like to your desktop. If not, then google for it and download it from google.

Last edited:
If you've already updated to 4.2.8 in itunes but have not yet updated it on your phone, check your recycle bin. iTunes kicks out the old update and it gets sent to the recycle bin. Or do a google search for felix bruns.

once you updated though with out the shsh's you cant downgrade, does tiny umbrella even with with the verizon version?

You should first allow hidden file to be showed, you can clic organize >folder and search options. in the popup wondow clic on tab "view" then mark "show hidden files, folders and drives" when that's done go to
C: user > username(your comp user name) > appData > Roaming > apple computer > iTunes > iPhone Softwarw Updates. Check in that folder if you have the ipsw you want to install in on your phone. If yes you can copy, NOT CUT the ipsw to another location like to your desktop. If not, then google for it and download it from google.

buddy i have no clue what your talking about, wheres organize??? folder/search options???? iam lost

buddy i have no clue what your talking about, wheres organize??? folder/search options???? iam lost

What computer are u using? Windows or Mac? Or just google to find out how to enable viewing hidden files on the computer you are using it's not very hard to do it though. The procedure i mentioned up there is for windows 7

Last edited:

What computer are u using? Windows or Mac? Or just google to find out how to enable viewing hidden files on the computer you are using it's not very hard to do it though. The procedure i mentioned up there is for windows 7

iam using windows vista basic

I'm just curious as to why you don't want 4.2.8? If it's for jailbreak reasons, it's fully jailbreakable with an untethered jailbreak. I actually just got around to jailbreaking 4.2.8 the other day, and there's no difference between greenpois0n, redsn0w and sn0wbreeze besides the latter having to be done through itunes manually.