What's new

Jailbreaking 4.2.8

packersfan33

Reaction score
I'm currently running 4.2.6 in my Verizon iPhone. I want to update it to 4.2.8. I was wondering if the jailbreak app works on this iOS or not. Can anyone clarify?

Yes you can easily jailbreak iOS 4.2.8, however; since you are actually on 4.2.6 you will not be able to upgrade to 4.2.8 but to 4.2.9 which is the latest iOS at present. That latest iOS is also jailbreakable but a tether jailbreak compare to the iOS 4.2.8 which offer an untether jailbreak.

Thank you for the reply. I downloaded 4.2.8 on iTunes about a 2 or 3 weeks ago. Can I still upgrade to that and jailbreak?

Sorry for all of the questions, I've only been a iPhone user for a little while and need to learn more about what jailbreak apps/programs I can use.

How easy is the jailbreak app to use?

Thank you for the reply. I downloaded 4.2.8 on iTunes about a 2 or 3 weeks ago. Can I still upgrade to that and jailbreak?

Sorry for all of the questions, I've only been a iPhone user for a little while and need to learn more about what jailbreak apps/programs I can use.

How easy is the jailbreak app to use?

iTunes will likely return you error 3194. And once you try the restore and face that error you are going to be force to upgrade to the lates iOS 4.2.9