What's new

currently 4.2.7 verizon iphone4; want 4.2.8 jailbreak.

myfone

Reaction score
my iphone4 has 4.2.7 (verizon) and is currently jailbroken. my itunes account is 4.2.10 (im not upgrading to 4.2.10). my goal is to get 4.2.8 unteathered on my iphone4 and jailbreak. i have spent hours downloading and attempting to install ios 4.2.8 and PwnageTool bundle on my mac. i think the problem is i dont have the shsh blob 4.2.8 saved.

ok can anybody take it from here?

i have 4.2.7 and i see 4.2.8 in tiny umbrella as i followed the instructions. i have checked 4.2.8 under general tab and i selected my phone to the left column so it is highlighted. i hit start tss server and it just spins and spins and spins. my phone doesnt do anything and it is connected. am i doing something wrong? thx

i have 4.2.7 and i see 4.2.8 in tiny umbrella as i followed the instructions. i have checked 4.2.8 under general tab and i selected my phone to the left column so it is highlighted. i hit start tss server and it just spins and spins and spins. my phone doesnt do anything and it is connected. am i doing something wrong? thx

Run iTunes and shift+restore and select the Ipsw you want to install in the phone. Since tinyumbrella said that you have shsh for iOS 4.2.8 then you might be able to upgrade to 4.2.8

i hit shift+restore and it gives me the option
Do you want to back up the settings for the iPhone “k*** ****** iPhone” before restoring the software? "Cancel" "Don't Back Up" Back Up"

where does t give me the ability to choose the ipsw?

i have 4.2.7 and i see 4.2.8 in tiny umbrella as i followed your instructions. i have checked 4.2.8 under general tab and i selected my phone to the right column so it is highlighted. i hit start tss server and it just spins and sins and spins. my phone doesnt do anything and it is connected. am i doing something wrong? thx

This just shows what SHSH you have saved it does not upgrade or down grade you phone. Use iTunes to upgrade this is just a tool for downgrading and saving SHSH Blobs for easier up/downgrades later. If you want to upgrade to 4.2.8 then connect to iTunes and click update were it shows their is a new firmware for you phone. Do a search for how to use TinyUmbrella for downgrading and how to use TSS Server. Google is your friend. TinyUmbrella is one of the BEST tools ever put out for iphone up/down grading. You have misunderstood what the tool is for.

I think i got what you are saying, goto itunes and update to 4.2.10, then goto tiny umbrella and downgrade to my saved shsh 4.2.8?

and i did google it and it takes me to this forum.

Last edited: