What's new

PLEASE HELP ME....i wanna save my jailbreak

MrsStratyRN

Reaction score
but I have to rejailbreak as my phone is acting up and itunes will force me to upgrade!!!

Tiny Umbrella says I have 4 saved SHSH. 4.2.6, 4.2.8, 4.2.9 and 4.2.10..BUT im only runniny 4.2.8 on my jailbroken phone now. So could someone please explain this to me, what does the SHSH being saved mean and can I use it to downgrade after I upgrade to 4.2.10??? Also I am downloading 4.2.8 to my windows computer right now, will that help me at all?

Thank you,
MrsStratyRN

dont do the 4.2.10, if anything you should do the 4.2.6 if you are able to re-do it and jb.

Yeah but how to downgrade? What are the SHSH things that tiny umbrella says that I have saved?

They are keys that tell iTunes that it's ok to restore the firmware you are trying to restore. Definitely stay on 4.2.8 as it is the most current firmware with an untethered jailbreak for your phone. You will have to run Tiny TSS server(built into TinyUmbrella) when you restore in order to trick iTunes into thinking that 4.2.8 is still being signed.

They are keys that tell iTunes that it's ok to restore the firmware you are trying to restore. Definitely stay on 4.2.8 as it is the most current firmware with an untethered jailbreak for your phone. You will have to run Tiny TSS server(built into TinyUmbrella) when you restore in order to trick iTunes into thinking that 4.2.8 is still being signed.

JMills....HELLO I have been waiting for you to sign on as I have read a lot of your posts and you seem very knowledgable. NOW....I have started the TSS server in tiny umbrella SEVERAL times because it just says it is running and its taking forever!!! I have tried to download the 4.2.8 OS to my computer but there doesnt seem to be any ipsw files in the unzip thing when I go to look for it when hitting the shift key then restore in itunes.

thanks,

mrsstratyrn

so...r u saying to run TSS server and itunes at the same time? How to do that?

so...r u saying to run TSS server and itunes at the same time? How to do that?
Connect your iPhone to your computer, run TSS server first then minimize tinyUmbrella and run iTunes.

You have to open TinyUmbrella first with iTunes closed, then start the TSS server. It starts immediately when you click the "Start TSS" button. If it says it's running then it's running. The loading wheel is just to tell you that it's running. After it's running THEN open iTunes and then hold down shift and click restore and select your custom firmware.

You have to open TinyUmbrella first with iTunes closed, then start the TSS server. It starts immediately when you click the "Start TSS" button. If it says it's running then it's running. The loading wheel is just to tell you that it's running. After it's running THEN open iTunes and then hold down shift and click restore and select your custom firmware.

Ok. But I tried to download the 4.2.8 os and it I unzip it but I don't c any ipsw files OR will the custom firmware be there when I hit control in iTunes because tiny umbrella is running?

I have tried to download the 4.2.8 OS to my computer but there doesnt seem to be any ipsw files in the unzip thing when I go to look for it when hitting the shift key then restore in itunes.

After you download the file, do not unzip it. Simply change the file extension to .ipsw

I don't know why the download as .zip files, but I do know it took me a couple of hours to figure out that I had to rename the file.

EDIT: I guess it's Internet Explorer that changes the extension to .zip - you can get around needing to rename by downloading the .ipsw using Firefox or Google Chrome browsers.

http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/ios-forum-13/ipsw-doesnt-show-up-12751/

Last edited: