What's new

Error 1013

lphong

Reaction score
I had jailbroken my iPhone4 (Verizon)4.2.8 with greenpoison without any problems. I decided I didnt like it & has been trying to restore.
I am using a Mac & doing option+restore. I cannot restore the firmware. I tried the 4.2.8 & it said incompatible, the 4.2.7 & incompatible.
With the 4.2.9 it says the above error.
Please help. :(

lphong said:
I had jailbroken my iPhone4 (Verizon)4.2.8 with greenpoison without any problems. I decided I didnt like it & has been trying to restore.
I am using a Mac & doing option+restore. I cannot restore the firmware. I tried the 4.2.8 & it said incompatible, the 4.2.7 & incompatible.
With the 4.2.9 it says the above error.
Please help. :(

Step 1. On your Mac, go to your “Applications” folder.

Step 2. Now navigate to the “Utilities” folder.

Step 3. Launch "Terminal".

Step 4. Type "sudo nano /etc/hosts" (without quotes) and hit return.

Step 5. Enter your password

Step 6. Use the down arrow key to find the “gs.apple.com” entries. Once the cursor is in front, make sure you comment out the line(s) by entering “#” in front of the text.

Step 7. Save the file by pressing CONTROL+O.

Step 8. Exit the nano editor by pressing CONTROL+X.

Step 9. Restore your iDevice.

This should let you restore with the 4.2.10 firmware. I'd only do this if I didn't care about jailbreaking again!

Let me know if this works!

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Last edited:
Thank you very much. I like my jailbroken iPhone 4 but I get confused with Cydia's set-up. I ended up installing files I don't need, I think. I want to clean it up & I got frustrated.
If I want to continue jailbroken do I load Greenpoison again. My iPhone 4 is on the Apple recovery mode right now.
Thanks again. :)

lphong said:
Thank you very much. I like my jailbroken iPhone 4 but I get confused with Cydia's set-up. I ended up installing files I don't need, I think. I want to clean it up & I got frustrated.
If I want to continue jailbroken do I load Greenpoison again. My iPhone 4 is on the Apple recovery mode right now.
Thanks again. :)

No problem! Glad I could help! :D!

I tried the process you outline above but when I got to the entering the password, typing the password does not show anything just the orange cursor so I'm stuck. What should I do?

I did restore my iPhone4 with your suggestions. It's up & running 4.2.10 right now.
I am done with jail breaking for now. Maybe another time.
Thanks for all the help. I am glad I joined this forum.

lphong said:
I did restore my iPhone4 with your suggestions. It's up & running 4.2.10 right now.
I am done with jail breaking for now. Maybe another time.
Thanks for all the help. I am glad I joined this forum.

Oh I'm sorry I didn't see you replied back! Although I'm glad you got it working anyways! Your welcome anytime! :D!

Last edited: