What's new

"Ressurect Dead iPhone"

vladokj

Reaction score
Hello everybody,
yesterday I bought a used iphone 4. It is actually dead. The hardware is in perfect condition, but software ... not really. The iPhone doesn't turn on. When I connect it to the Computer and enter DFU mode itunes is trying to restore it, but then I receive a message error 1601. I don't actually know what firmware the iPhone has (or had). When I use TinyUmbrella, there are no SHSH slobs found and when I try to restore using iReb, I receive 3194 error. I have also tried to chang the ip in the hosts file, but no better results at all. I would be very thankful if you give me some advice how to bring the iPhone to work :)

Remove the iPhone driver and try a different USB port. If possible, put the iPhone into recovery mode THEN plug it back into your computer to get the driver installed.

I tried removing the driver/changing the USB port, but I can't put the iPhone in recovery mode (only in DFU). The only thing I haven't tried yet is changing the computer ...

DFU mode you have to hold the power and home button for 7 seconds after the turn-off. For recovery, turn the device on and hold the home button.

The device can't power on at all. The only thing I can do with it is DFU mode.

Manually kick it out of DFU with TinyUmbrella. Find the devices ECID, then enter it into TU, click on the newest device that shows up (the device you just manually entered) and kick it out of DFU and see of anything happens.

Nothing happened, when I manually entered the iPhone in TU, it just says it's not connected. When I try to save shsh, it says that there were no slobs found ...

Are you sure you entered the ECID and not the IMEI/Serial?