What's new

(One more) dead Iphone 4

Stro

Reaction score
So, here's my problem.

I had (and still do) iPhone 4. Jailbroken. I got it that way, and I never bothered to chech what iOS is in it. It worked well. One day, my girlfriend did reset from settings menu. Don't ask me why. :) Then, i got a message that i need to activete it. I didn't have original SIM card, so i downloaded some program and tried with that. Nobody said that iOS version matters (i used 4.3.3 to do activating - i remember limera1n something...), so i went for it.

Everything looked right. Some pineapple on screen, some white text scroling... And after that, it got stuck on Apple logo.

I still don't have idea what iOS was in it. I just know that it wasn't 5, cause I never upgraded it, and phone is almost 6 months old. But i'm not sure exactly how old.

I tried to restore it to 4.3.3 with Shift+restore. I got 3194 error. I googled a litlle bit, and found TinyUmbrella. That did the job. But then, I got 1604 error. I googled a little bit more and found iREB. That did the job. But then, I got 2005 error, and that is where I'm stuck at.

I found out that 2005 can mean USB cable problem. So i used 3 cables, 2 laptops and 2 PCs. Nothing.

Then, I found also that error 2005 can mean some problem with SHSH. Do i need to say that I don't have it stored, and TinyUmbrella can't read it from phone in this state?

What I need to do, to restore my IP4 to working state? I prefer restoring it to something else that 5.0.1, to be able to JB and unlock, so that's the reason why I don't want to use iTunes restore.

Any thoughts?

Regards

If you didn't save those shsh there is nothing you can do other than up grading to iOS 5.0.1.
And even with shsh saved I'm not sure how easy it is nowadays to downgrade/restore iOS 4.3.3 it could be hard but doable, don't know for sure.
No shsh saved? Forget about downgrading/restoring to iOS 4.3.3
But I have this question for you any way: why did your girlfriend did that???

She found some contacts and SMSs that she didn't like. So, instead of just deleting them, she deleted everything. She thinks of this problem with restoring as a bonus to her action. Women :)

Stro said:
She found some contacts and SMSs that she didn't like. So, instead of just deleting them, she deleted everything. She thinks of this problem with restoring as a bonus to her action. Women :)

Should of locked the phone.

إيكرانك...المسطرة

I don't care who you are: That's some funny right there!! LMAO!

Moderation Notice:Edited For Offensive Language, signed iCrank

Last edited by a moderator:
It is funny, I agree. Next time I'll know better and lock it :) As soon as I restore it. I'm currently downloading iOS in iTunes and we'll see what happenes...

It went well, as expected. Now I'm stuck with unactivated, unjailbroken, locked device. :) I hope they'll come up with something in next few weeks...